Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics. ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
hissingsid

Isle of Man News and Politics

Just now, James Hampton said:

A post was made in the ‘what, where, who group’ bemoaning the fact you could no longer buy half a cucumber in Ramsey Co-op I think. Wasn’t clear if it was a joke but was done in a ‘massive injustice’ stylee so it received the response you would expect. Went a bit viral locally with everyone and their dog piling in on the joke and carrying it along. For no logical reason the comments were then closed, no sign of anything nasty or abusive that I saw, ostensibly just because people were enjoying it too much. Classic case of moderator megalomania. 

I think the comments got turned off because people were just repeating themselves and it was no longer funny

• Sad 1

Co-op cucumbers are so small & inexpensive, it is clearly not worth selling them by the half

Shoprite cucumbers of course are larger, more expensive & available in the half size

5 minutes ago, Donald Trumps said:

Co-op cucumbers are so small & inexpensive, it is clearly not worth selling them by the half

Shoprite cucumbers of course are larger, more expensive & available in the half size

Was in Shoprite this afternoon and there were two older ladies stood in the veg aisle discussing the price of the cucumbers. One was pointing out that although they were 40 p each, they could get 3 for £1.00. The other one eventually gave in and said ok then, we can always eat one of them 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, thommo2010 said:

Not how I remember it so we will agree to disagree. Also I'm not having a go at a little girl fair play to her it was more the attention seeking mother I was talking about

Nonsense. You should see a GP about your memory problems.

Just now, Rushen Spy said:

Nonsense. You should see a GP about your memory problems.

No I'm thanks. 

Maybe you should see a gp about the fact you get so wound up by an anonymous strangers opinion on the Internet. 

17 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

No I'm thanks. 

Maybe you should see a gp about the fact you get so wound up by an anonymous strangers opinion on the Internet. 

I'm not wound up.

I know what happened and it is as I described it. The girl asked her mum to post it, her mum read out some of the replies to her, the girl was happy about that and was looking forward to reading more replies when she got back home from school, only to find out some anal retentive FB admin had deleted the entire post and all the replies. That is what happened.

Your twisted version of what happened, claiming the mother was just trying to get attention, is entirely a fantasy (and suggestive of belief in you having psychic powers) on your part.

2 hours ago, thommo2010 said:

I think the comments got turned off because people were just repeating themselves and it was no longer funny

Whether it was funny or not is for the individual to decide, which they could do even if they’d commented by turning off notifications for that post. Blocking everyone’s access because you’ve personally decided it is no longer funny and you have the power to do so is pretty much textbook megalomania. 

• Like 2

She has recently posted a not permitted list....no comments about dog shit, bad driving and Hermes, there were more but I cannot recall them.   She has now allowed Hermes posts back on because there was an outcry.    She is a dictator, picks and chooses what is allowed.   Oh yes, and no one is permitted to ask what time Jane Callow, the vet is open.   It is supposed to be a help line but only if she approves. 

• Like 1

Just now, hissingsid said:

She has recently posted a not permitted list....no comments about dog shit, bad driving and Hermes, there were more but I cannot recall them.   She has now allowed Hermes posts back on because there was an outcry.    She is a dictator, picks and chooses what is allowed.   Oh yes, and no one is permitted to ask what time Jane Callow, the vet is open.   It is supposed to be a help line but only if she approves. 

Just typed into google jane callow vets opening times and up it came. 

1 hour ago, Rushen Spy said:

I'm not wound up.

I know what happened and it is as I described it. The girl asked her mum to post it, her mum read out some of the replies to her, the girl was happy about that and was looking forward to reading more replies when she got back home from school, only to find out some anal retentive FB admin had deleted the entire post and all the replies. That is what happened.

Your twisted version of what happened, claiming the mother was just trying to get attention, is entirely a fantasy (and suggestive of belief in you having psychic powers) on your part.

Hahaha twisted version. Honestly step away from the Internet and go out into the real world. Might do you some good. 

I'm guessing your the mother or related to her as there's no other sane reason for getting so upset

Edited by thommo2010

I don't know the lady. I just know what was said, because unlike you I have a razor sharp memory and know exactly what was said. You've twisted it in your mind whereas I have a perfect recollection. Maybe it's you who needs to step away from the internet if all you do is sit and judge other people on Facebook. It's a bit of a sad hobby really.

2 hours ago, hissingsid said:

Also no posts that might incite a debate. That pretty much means no posts at all.

5 hours ago, dilligaf said:

Was in Shoprite this afternoon and there were two older ladies stood in the veg aisle discussing the price of the cucumbers. One was pointing out that although they were 40 p each, they could get 3 for £1.00. The other one eventually gave in and said ok then, we can always eat one of them 

Two old ladies in the veg aisle examining cucumbers, of course you had to stalk them.

5 minutes ago, CharlieBrown said:

Two old ladies in the veg aisle examining cucumbers, of course you had to stalk them.

You really are a sad twat. That is being favourable too. Go play with yourself, you f%%%ing inbred.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, dilligaf said:

Shoprite cucumbers were 40p each?

• Haha 2