Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
hissingsid

Isle of Man News and Politics

10 minutes ago, Donald Trumps said:

Shoprite cucumbers were 40p each?

3 customers in Shoprite is more amazing. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Have you seen the raving loony who’s popped up on there (yes, I know that doesn’t narrow it down much) spouting insane conspiracy theories and likening himself to Roly Drower after he was caught stealing data from his employers? I remember a trial about a computer crime being reported in the paper last year although I didn’t know the outcome until now. The last I saw it had been delayed awaiting psychiatric reports, but he must have been found “guilty on all charges” as the details of the rejected appeal are now here:

https://www.judgments.im/content/J2597.htm

The Deputy High Bailiff dismissed the Appellant's case of a conspiracy (involving RL360, the Isle of Man Constabulary, the Police Complaints Commissioner, the Isle of Man Information Commissioner, the Financial Services Authority ['FSA'], the Financial Intelligence Unit ['FIU'], the Attorney General, the Attorney General's Chambers, Appleby (RL360's advocates), the Isle of Man Judiciary, the Isle of Man Government and "dominant corporations") to suppress evidence.

We do not doubt the safety of these four convictions. Indeed, we consider the Appellant's appeal to be "totally without merit"

The epithet “Walter” is overused on here, but this is one of those occasions when’s it’s right on the money.

18 minutes ago, MrPB said:

He hacked his employer if I understand his case so what did he expect? 

That's the one, although from this report on 3FM it hardly sounds like he's an elite hacker from Anonymous, more an opportunistic sneak thief.

Psychological report before data hacker can be sentenced

Looks like he binned his advocate at that point and represented himself, too. Talk about having a fool for a client.

Computer hacker to represent himself in Isle of Man sentencing

26 minutes ago, MrPB said:

Didn’t Liberal Vannin let him post his crackpot conspiracies on their Facebook page? Another lapse of judgement. 

Haven't seen that - do you have a link?

9 minutes ago, MrPB said:

I think it was taken down. I remember reading it and thinking that’s going to have to come down it’s totally mental in every way and pretty much libelous. He claimed it was all some great conspiracy against him by people in government who used to work for RL360. But I suppose at least he didn’t blame the lizard people. 

This post is still up there, after I actually got off my lazy arse and did a search. Is that it, by any chance?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/351370671893/permalink/10156722859441894/

Elsewhere on there, it looks like he's also partial to a bit of the wacky baccy, which may of course be a complete coincidence.

image.png.17b0238d154a9aa11e8a3692a0f20921.png

2 hours ago, MrPB said:

That man is a 100% loony. 

14 minutes ago, MrPB said:

Ha :lol: He’s crackers. 

I don't know anyone involved, but what do you mean?

Do you mean the 'manx' thing, when you disagree with someone.

Edited by gettafa

3 minutes ago, gettafa said:

I don't know anyone involved, but what do you mean?

Do you mean the 'manx' thing, when you disagree with someone.

I don't know what qualifications @MrPB has, if any, but I suspect that the Emeritus Professor of Abnormal Psychology at Oxford University would wholeheartedly agree with his diagnosis.

3 hours ago, Sheldon said:

Have you seen the raving loony who’s popped up on there

But Shel, you're not really any different. :(

(From MrPB that is)

Edited by gettafa

9 minutes ago, gettafa said:

But Shel, you're not really any different.

Do you think there really is "a conspiracy involving RL360, the Isle of Man Constabulary, the Police Complaints Commissioner, the Isle of Man Information Commissioner, the Financial Services Authority, the Financial Intelligence Unit, the Attorney General, the Attorney General's Chambers, Appleby, the Isle of Man Judiciary, the Isle of Man Government and "dominant corporations" then? If not, I'd be happy to hear your alternative explanation.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Grounds Keeper Willy said:

I watched this before. I assume the bit at the end is a veiled mention of the operator of the above politics group. What sort of utter scumbag would say something like that in a shop whether they knew the full details or not? People go on about online trolling but some people are clearly just as nasty in real life too. 

https://www.manx.net/tv/mt-tv/watch/87889/year-three-julie-edge-mhk-part-one

If it is the operator of the above group, he must be a nasty piece of work.

Must be Facebook mentality believing their own press.

I wonder would he have done this to one of the male MHKs.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, MrPB said:

But I suppose at least he didn’t blame the lizard people. 

This time.

1 hour ago, Sheldon said:

Do you think there really is "a conspiracy involving RL360, the Isle of Man Constabulary, the Police Complaints Commissioner, the Isle of Man Information Commissioner, the Financial Services Authority, the Financial Intelligence Unit, the Attorney General, the Attorney General's Chambers, Appleby, the Isle of Man Judiciary, the Isle of Man Government and "dominant corporations" then? If not, I'd be happy to hear your alternative explanation.

I don't know enough about this case but in a particular context, it is not unreasonable to think so. Everybody knows what side their bread is buttered and that is where their loyalties lies and their mouths and ears are gently shut.

Each one of those you mention are hardly whiter than white although I don't know much about RL360 I certainly know enough about most of the others to be careful how much I would trust them.