Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
hissingsid

Isle of Man News and Politics

2 hours ago, gettafa said:

I don't know enough about this case

There's a link!! Up above there!!  All the info - all you have to do is read it!!

5 hours ago, Bobbie Bobster said:

There's a link!! Up above there!!  All the info - all you have to do is read it!!

Erm...you really believe that the judgment is a true reflection of the proceedings, particularly in a case like this.

That said I will read it for a sort of an overview.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Sheldon said:

Do you think there really is "a conspiracy involving RL360, the Isle of Man Constabulary, the Police Complaints Commissioner, the Isle of Man Information Commissioner, the Financial Services Authority, the Financial Intelligence Unit, the Attorney General, the Attorney General's Chambers, Appleby, the Isle of Man Judiciary, the Isle of Man Government and "dominant corporations" then? If not, I'd be happy to hear your alternative explanation.

Damn! 

Those pesky kids! We’d have gotten away with it if they hadn’t interfered!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Derek Flint said:

Damn! 

Those pesky kids! We’d have gotten away with it if they hadn’t interfered!

image.png.0e8fd5922a61ba2b71a02ae6b7880008.png

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Sheldon said:

Do you think there really is "a conspiracy involving RL360, the Isle of Man Constabulary, the Police Complaints Commissioner, the Isle of Man Information Commissioner, the Financial Services Authority, the Financial Intelligence Unit, the Attorney General, the Attorney General's Chambers, Appleby, the Isle of Man Judiciary, the Isle of Man Government and "dominant corporations" then? If not, I'd be happy to hear your alternative explanation.

Never have I come across a post on Manx Forums so laden with irony. Albeit apparently unintentional.

13 hours ago, gettafa said:

Erm...you really believe that the judgment is a true reflection of the proceedings, particularly in a case like this.

That said I will read it for a sort of an overview.

What's the real story then?

On 11/1/2019 at 3:00 PM, Sheldon said:

This post is still up there, after I actually got off my lazy arse and did a search. Is that it, by any chance?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/351370671893/permalink/10156722859441894/

Elsewhere on there, it looks like he's also partial to a bit of the wacky baccy, which may of course be a complete coincidence.

image.png.17b0238d154a9aa11e8a3692a0f20921.png

Sounds like you got some skin in the game Shelly? 

31 minutes ago, CharlieBrown said:

Sounds like you got some skin in the game Shelly? 

I didn’t know anyone involved from Adam until it cropped up on IOM News & Politics this week, although I do remember the trial being in the news last year because it was one of the first computer “hacking” trials here.

I love a good judgement online, and while this one wasn’t quite in the same league as the “work shy time waster” from the hospital there do seem to be similarities i.e. a delusional nut-job being taken to task by their employer who then makes up a load of old cobblers to try to get even.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MrPB said:

So getting a parking ticket for not displaying a disc was coordinated state skullduggery? He does need to stay off the wacky baccy! 

How much Court time (and money) has this prick wasted?

That's a rhetorical question, by the way, I really, really don't want to know the answer.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, quilp said:

Aren't vexatious litigants liable to costs? 

I suppose he could pay it back out of his benefits, after he's finished paying back the fine for his criminal convictions. It should all be paid off in about fifty years , give or take.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Grounds Keeper Willy said:

It could be a clever tactic though? Your main case is adjourned for psychiatric reports so you then proceed to act more obviously mental over a minor matter like a parking fine so that those reports are even more likely to say ‘look at this too, he’s even more crackers than we thought he was’! 

That’s not the timeline, however, apart from pleading not guilty to the parking offence everything else happened after he’d been sentenced.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, quilp said:

Aren't vexatious litigants liable to costs? 

Looks like costs WERE later awarded against Mr Griffin for his frivolous appeal as, among other things, it was “totally without merit”, “utterly unreasonable”, “unsupported by a single piece of evidence”, and “factually and/or legally flawed”.

https://www.judgments.im/content/J2610.htm

17. We summarily assess the Respondent's costs at £7,253.50. We order the Appellant to pay this within 14 days of the handing down of this judgment pursuant to Rule 11.9(a). In the event of non-payment by such date the court makes an order for execution without further order of the court.

With the costs for the original trial itself that adds up a total of ten grand he hasn’t got. Presumably the “order for execution” allows recovery against goods or property?

Does the Island seem to have a disproportionate number of these people - 

• This guy
  • The fire-extinguisher bloke
  • That woman who was kicked by a teacher in the 70's
  • That Canadian Woman
  • The home-school anti-data warrier
  • the vapour trail guy from Ramsey
  • the Onchan anti-Wifi league
  • Buster
  • The Peel DOI freedom of info freak
  • Vader
  • The Bay Festival Impersario
  • The Santon Cat Lady
  • the Douglas North Viking
  • That Joe fella from Ramsey
  • The Thug-Life Prisoner TV Star
  • TJ
  • The health worker not sacked for having cancer.

People with real or invented gripes that they won't let go and escalate in to conspiracies.

• Like 4