Chief Minister summons new MLCs

31 minutes ago, english zloty said:

Hmmm only Manx Radio has the scoop and only one MLC worked for Manx Radio.

wonders who leaked the story..

Big H probably.... then he'd have something to deny before the inevitable hits the fan :ph34r: !

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If their role is scrutiny then that sometimes involves rocking the boat.

Whoever thought they could control 5 women made a big mistake! I would have thought now sitting them down and telling them what they should do will make things even worse. The only controllable one se

Bearing in mind that in the capacity of Chief Minister the fat lad is thus part of Government and the MLCs were clearly "summoned" en bloc because of their Parliamentary status, this is outrageous. It

Posted Images

Overpaid; unelected and mostly useless - no wonder Howard called them in and told them how to behave.  Now they have bitten the hand that feeds them their £10k additional departmental bribe, loyalty bonus, reward for all that extra hard work they do  payment,  this could get v interesting.    

• Like 2

I doubt anything will happen. I don’t think Rupert Quayle has the bottle, balls or the inclination to do anything, if the newbie MLCs step out of line. They are expected to toe the line and vote aye at the Tynpotwald sitting. Debate or Scrutiny isn’t encouraged. The newbies must have known this, unless the MHKs proposing them for election, fed them a load of bullshit, which led them to challenge RQ.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Andy Onchan said:

I heard about this but thought it was Big H just clarifying some Policy etc.... but this article might suggest otherwise. Seems there might be at least one new MLC who is prepared to stick her head above the parapet.

To most people here, "Big H" is Paul Hunt ex bike racer and very unfortunate ex TT travelling marshal.

I'm not criticizing you, but it seems wrong (to me) to hear the Quayle fella getting called Big H.:(

• Like 6
3 hours ago, english zloty said:

Hmmm only Manx Radio has the scoop and only one MLC worked for Manx Radio.

wonders who leaked the story..

Hmmm, but maybe the person who leaked it wanted you to think that..........

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
37 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

To most people here, "Big H" is Paul Hunt ex bike racer and very unfortunate ex TT travelling marshal.

I'm not criticizing you, but it seems wrong (to me) to hear the Quayle fella getting called Big H.:(

I know big H too.

Let's stick to Fat Howard for Quayle?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, dilligaf said:

i agree,  Big C  would be more appropriate for quayle.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
4 hours ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Remember that when the smoke signals came down from the big wigwam that Howard was to be their new boy; LegCo voted en bloc for him as Chief Minister, and kept Cannan from the top job. The ladies obviously needed reminded of their role: To keep your mouth shut; never rock the boat; and just keep cashing the cheques. Geoff Corkish followed that golden path for two terms and was rewarded handsomely.

You make a good point Judy - but Quayle will have his own skin uppermost in his mind. If he can’t rely on all the LegCo ladies to vote for him corporately (as the last set of nodding dogs did) he’s on the back foot in terms of being re-elected as CM. Even assuming the credulous knuckle-draggers of Middle don’t wise up and kick his arse out of it, Cannan looks a much better bet for the top chair these days.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Uhtred said:

Cannan looks a much better bet for the top chair these days.

There's no doubt he will be Chief Minister at some point but right now I think he's needed as Treasury Minister. In some ways, it's a role a lot more involved and requiring of a brain than the role of Chief Minister.

5 hours ago, interestedman said:

Overpaid; unelected and mostly useless - no wonder Howard called them in and told them how to behave.  Now they have bitten the hand that feeds them their £10k additional departmental bribe, loyalty bonus, reward for all that extra hard work they do  payment,  this could get v interesting.    

I have to say Poole-Wilson and Kerry Sharpe seem to be competent but the rest seem utterly underwhelming. Did Lloyd-Brennan even have a proper job before she got in? She just seems to have been a PA with a made up CV who ended up doing some start up workshops for the DED. 

http://www.tynwald.org.im/memoff/member/Pages/Lord-BrennanKA.aspx

I really don’t get how most of them can be rocking any boat to be honest as the pay packets they are on would seem to be a vast uplift on what they’re used to. 

3 hours ago, Albert Tatlock said:

What's-with-all-these-hyphenated-MLC- names?

Pretentious fuckers.

That’s Pretentious-Fuckers to you, pleb.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2