Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
hissingsid

Fun Fair

9 minutes ago, Holte End said:

Should we just call them didicoys then.

millionaires......

2 minutes ago, woody2 said:

what a stupid, totally unfunny misogynystic and quite rapey thing to say.......

Soz how was I to know rape was involved, explains a bit.

3 minutes ago, CharlieBrown said:

Soz how was I to know rape was involved, explains a bit.

eh?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, CharlieBrown said:

Ah bless, its ok Woody these things happen its a tradition in the community so be proud of it. 

eh?

I think it was maduncleronnie's Sharon who eloped with one of these fairground characters, or was it her daughter?.

And we all know what happened there.

• Haha 2

Didn't Ronnie and his brother have to drag Sharon and the kids off the boat minutes before it slipped the rope for Liverpool ? I wonder if she still uses that special floating gel cushion that Ron and the wife had to get for her ? Spent all their Benidorm holiday money on that too so they did. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

On 5/25/2018 at 7:37 PM, yootalkin2me said:

It's hardly family fun when it's filled to the brim with chavs, underage girls dressed like Ho's offering their bodies for drugs and free rides, Paedo from hard staring staffies, underage drinking, unsafe rides, tacky plastic shite for prizes, lots of swearing...oh, and general extortionate prices....so not really a place I'd call family fun...more a place to corrupt the young and take advantage and exploit the vulnerable, I'll be body serving it as usual and finding family fun elsewhere.

Yes, but enough about the Catholic church.  What about the fairground?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, hissingsid said:

Tick,tock,  the tacky part of the T.T. Is imminent......

barlow........

• Thanks 1

No the tacky, expensive fair, which must be sponsored by someone how else could they afford to bring all that crap over on the Packet. And how much rent do they pay for the promenade pitch, if the breweries have to pay so should they.  

Really, I cannot see how it pays then after the Packet charges and paying all the staff.   It arrived today and I cannot see those large trucks laden with heavy crap are going to improve the walkway, I just hope when we get our new look, expensive promenade they will not be allowed near it.    There must be somewhere else they could put it.

2 hours ago, hissingsid said:

Really, I cannot see how it pays then after the Packet charges and paying all the staff.   It arrived today and I cannot see those large trucks laden with heavy crap are going to improve the walkway, I just hope when we get our new look, expensive promenade they will not be allowed near it.    There must be somewhere else they could put it.

Do they have to pay tax on the earnings? Is there any subsidy given ?

Even if every single child in the IOM goes to the funfair and spends around £10 each you are looking at a collection of around £150k ( assuming 15000 children )

Does not make any financial sense after staff salary , travel costs , equipment cost.

Edited by mad_manx

Just now, mad_manx said:

Do they have to pay tax on the earnings? Is there any subsidy given ?

Even if every single child in the IOM goes to the funfair and spends around £10 each you are looking at a collection of around £150k ( assuming 15000 children )

Does not make any financial sense after staff salary , travel costs , equipment cost .

The question is whether anyone knows how much earnings are declared. It is cash only anyway. 

Says it all.