• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There’s more than enough headlines over the years to suggest it’s a grooming festival for gypisies with an unnatural interest in underage girls. I can’t see we’d lose much by not inviting them over. 

We most certainly do. I’m not sure what rock you live under for the rest of the year but the only people embarrassing themselves seemed to be locals. The collective daughter / mum / gran tattooed TT s

You really can't compare the shitty pikey fair we get with a day at a proper theme park.

Posted Images

2 hours ago, hissingsid said:

Really, I cannot see how it pays then after the Packet charges and paying all the staff.   It arrived today and I cannot see those large trucks laden with heavy crap are going to improve the walkway, I just hope when we get our new look, expensive promenade they will not be allowed near it.    There must be somewhere else they could put it.

glad you can't work it out....

28 minutes ago, mad_manx said:

Do they have to pay tax on the earnings? Is there any subsidy given ?

Even if every single child in the IOM goes to the funfair and spends around £10 each you are looking at a collection of around £150k ( assuming 15000 children )

Does not make any financial sense after staff salary , travel costs , equipment cost .

The question is whether anyone knows how much earnings are declared. It is cash only anyway. 

yes

27 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Says it all.

are you accusing them?

3 hours ago, hissingsid said:

Really, I cannot see how it pays then after the Packet charges and paying all the staff.   It arrived today and I cannot see those large trucks laden with heavy crap are going to improve the walkway, I just hope when we get our new look, expensive promenade they will not be allowed near it.    There must be somewhere else they could put it.

I concur, when we have the super duper granite and gold encrusted promenade the fair should and must be banished forever!

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, woody2 said:

The question is whether anyone knows how much earnings are declared. It is cash only anyway. 

yes

2 hours ago, dilligaf said:

Says it all.

are you accusing them?

Noooo. I reckon it is 100% above board. Whatever were you thinking?

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, finlo said:

I believe we paid the boat fare for them at one time anyway.

I also believe Govt paid Douglas Corp for the "hire" of the prom. £60k is the figure that comes to mind. Yet another hidden "cost" of the TT.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Lost Login said:
2 hours ago, finlo said:

I believe we paid the boat fare for them at one time anyway.

I also believe Govt paid Douglas Corp for the "hire" of the prom. £60k is the figure that comes to mind. Yet another hidden "cost" of the TT.

I've heard the same. Crazy.

• Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, Lost Login said:

That makes sense then . No way could a funfair make enough money to cover a 50-60 k rent over 10 days after staff costs/travel etc. 

• Thanks 1

DOI identify themselves as the owners of the walkway in this planning application https://services.gov.im/planningapplication/services/planning/copyright.iom?ApplicationReferenceNumber=15/00594/B&Description=/1500594B Application Form.pdf&Ref=%2bceE8elaU2knTgL6hTzYQfYiTgP5y3T%2fbEDIKCHQ%2bBF675m%2beVnD%2fqI5MvCR8W4UCd4QOJNm1KIr8pcz9q8mKwadb8ZGyGDz6viIhpWzdbdaZ7eH4OTeiw%3d%3d

Any renting arrangements therefore can't include the corpy as DB quite rightly points out. Much myth on this thread and little fact - which makes it very MFish.:D

3 hours ago, hagar the horrible said:

So, what have bushys paid IOMGov for the Villa??? why are the corpy making noises about tendering???

That's a bit easier. Corpy are upset that after doing a deal with the Ram, Bushys have done a better one for the Villa. They're now posturing about the tender process in a typical corpy sour grape hissy fit.

Perhaps the missing chain has been the subject of an FOI request too - that'd really cheese em off.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
20 hours ago, hissingsid said:

They could try keeping it on the mainland...:flowers:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Neil Down said:
22 hours ago, hissingsid said:

They could try keeping it on the mainland...:flowers:

It would be better if they kept it in the UK.:P

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, piebaps said:

DOI identify themselves as the owners of the walkway in this planning application

Any renting arrangements therefore can't include the corpy as DB quite rightly points out. Much myth on this thread and little fact - which makes it very MFish.:D

what like chester street.......