Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
gettafa

TT2018 - entertainment, tents and that

34 minutes ago, victorian dad said:

Concrete will sort it out.

That's bad enough in people's gardens. What a crass thing to do. Concrete over your lawn, flower beds, any trace of plant life!

(I know it's off topic, but any mention of concrete on grass makes my blood boil) :rolleyes:

• Thanks 1

A couple of tasteless millionaires down our way ripped up the lawn and put down that plastic grass. Not sure but I think I would've prefer honest concrete.

Edited by gettafa

One fact and one rumour for you .

With regards to the entertainment outside the HR tent (stuntbikes,Purple helmets etc) this was all funded by HR.

They paid for the entertainment to come over and provided beer/donations to the Purple Helmets. That's the facts over with.

Now the rumour.........Bushys were give £100k to help setup their village in the Villa.......

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, mbx said:

With regards to the entertainment outside the HR tent (stuntbikes,Purple helmets etc) this was all funded by HR.

They paid for the entertainment to come over and provided beer/donations to the Purple Helmets. That's the facts over with.

Now the rumour.........Bushys were give £100k to help setup their village in the Villa.......

I wouldn't be surprised, sounds like a DED classic?

43 minutes ago, mbx said:

I note you are a bit of a pro Hooded Ram, anti-Bushy's stirrer mbx.

Is there something you should be telling us?

• Like 1

Standby for Woodyfacts to emerge...:whistling:

44 minutes ago, mbx said:

Road closures too?

And a word of friendly advice - only give the Purple Helmets beer after the event, not before.

16 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

Standby for Woodyfacts to emerge...:whistling:

#fakenews

42 minutes ago, woolley said:

I would. Sounds like a load of bollox to me.

woolley beat me to it.....

7 hours ago, mbx said:

I am not aware of Bushy’s being given £100k to help setup their village in the Villa

to the best of my knowledge they paid FULL card rates for the hire of the venue during TT 

• Thanks 2

Who's paying to repair/replace the grass which is well and truly fooked?

7 hours ago, mbx said:

Decimal point in that rumour is incorrect. It was £1.00