Jump to content
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
gettafa

TT2018 - entertainment, tents and that

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, finlo said:

Who's paying to repair/replace the grass which is well and truly fooked?

I’d have thought the villa. If they sell a product they must include in their price any costs which occur or might occur. If they didn’t, they will next time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quest landscaping look after the Villa Gardens, you'd have thought that in the Gov/Bushys contract they'd have put in 'pay Quests rate for 4 men for a week'. Or is that too easy?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheTeapot said:

Quest landscaping look after the Villa Gardens, you'd have thought that in the Gov/Bushys contract they'd have put in 'pay Quests rate for 4 men for a week'. Or is that too easy?

or they don't know what they are doing.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, finlo said:

Who's paying to repair/replace the grass which is well and truly fooked?

Well it certainly isn't that.

There have been ice rinks and tents and all sorts on that grass. It recovers. That is good fertile soil. The grass will be just fine. It's grass.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, gettafa said:

Well it certainly isn't that.

There have been ice rinks and tents and all sorts on that grass. It recovers. That is good fertile soil. The grass will be just fine. It's grass.

 

Maybe they should try watering it then instead of having sprinklers on the flowerbeds all day long.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, sheswiththeband said:

Bushys rely on sponsorship - hence names/brands/logos everywhere... 

 

£100k given to them, as if. 

Alrighty :) Nice to see you back here x

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, woody2 said:

or they don't know what they are doing.......

They do. It's their living.

You are so fucking clever, you know exactly what everyone else should be doing. Shame you don't know what your own position is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, dilligaf said:

They do. It's their living.

You are so fucking clever, you know exactly what everyone else should be doing. Shame you don't know what your own position is.

md.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As I stated.....it was a rumour...not fact that I could substantiate.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Rob Callister said:

I am not aware of Bushy’s being given £100k to help setup their village in the Villa

to the best of my knowledge they paid FULL card rates for the hire of the venue during TT 

Rob - you've been told many times before. Stop coming here with your facts. nobody is interested. We need a conspiracy here!! :D

I guess though in a way, they did get a big lump. When HR muscled them out of the Bottleneck, Martin will have saved on whatever the corpy were demanding. Take off the CARD rate (whatever that means) and there'll have been some seed money I'm sure.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/10/2018 at 8:00 AM, gettafa said:

Some of the pubs are whinging that they haven't had a good share of the action. They are blaming the two beers tents and it seems, in particular the excellent Bushy's Village.

Bushy's were facing a poor TT this year after being squeezed out of the Bottleneck Car Park.

You didn't hear Bushy's whinge. Just picked themselves up and did something better, Bushy's exceeded all expectations and contributed (as ever) hugely to the TT experience.

These whinging pub managers and their master at the brewery have had it too good for too long. It is time they upped their game too.

The pubs would do better if they (in the main) weren't so obvious about taking the piss.  I refer to that most appalling thing, the 'TT Menu'.  One of the tied houses on the course (and I presume other H&B outlets) were trying to peddle such culinary luxuries as ham & chips (that's all - no veg or salad) for over a tenner.  I drove past one of them regularly and it did seem noticeably quieter than previous years.

I did like the food tent in Nobles Park and some vendors were doing noticeably better than others.  Thai Thai and Taste Africa were doing tasty, satisfying food at realistic prices (£5 at the Thai stall and £6.50 up for the African guy).  They weren't taking the mick and seemed to have a good steady flow of customers the four times I was there.  On the other hand a few feet away you had the guys in the comedy sombreros selling chilli dogs for £6.50 (or not perhaps...).  Why would I pay that for a snack when I can go ten feet and get a dinner for the same price?  Same for the guy in the caravan peddling pulled pork rolls for £7.  He'd shut up shop when I went in at 5pm on Senior day.  Noa Bakehouse's stand seemed permanently shut...

The pubs I went to that were doing well were the Marine in Peel (good portions of reasonable grub) and the Grosvenor at Andreas.  The restaurant there was full early evening Thursday of race week - and not all visitors by the look of it.

It's very simple - take this piss out of people on price and food quality and they won't come back.  Heron & Brearley need to have a serious look at their TT business plan before next year.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, mbx said:

As I stated.....it was a rumour...not fact that I could substantiate.

 

Why didn't you say £250,000 or just a plain £million. It would have made you look even more stupid. But not much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, The Phat Tog said:

The pubs would do better if they (in the main) weren't so obvious about taking the piss.  I refer to that most appalling thing, the 'TT Menu'.  One of the tied houses on the course (and I presume other H&B outlets) were trying to peddle such culinary luxuries as ham & chips (that's all - no veg or salad) for over a tenner.  I drove past one of them regularly and it did seem noticeably quieter than previous years.

I did like the food tent in Nobles Park and some vendors were doing noticeably better than others.  Thai Thai and Taste Africa were doing tasty, satisfying food at realistic prices (£5 at the Thai stall and £6.50 up for the African guy).  They weren't taking the mick and seemed to have a good steady flow of customers the four times I was there.  On the other hand a few feet away you had the guys in the comedy sombreros selling chilli dogs for £6.50 (or not perhaps...).  Why would I pay that for a snack when I can go ten feet and get a dinner for the same price?  Same for the guy in the caravan peddling pulled pork rolls for £7.  He'd shut up shop when I went in at 5pm on Senior day.  Noa Bakehouse's stand seemed permanently shut...

The pubs I went to that were doing well were the Marine in Peel (good portions of reasonable grub) and the Grosvenor at Andreas.  The restaurant there was full early evening Thursday of race week - and not all visitors by the look of it.

It's very simple - take this piss out of people on price and food quality and they won't come back.  Heron & Brearley need to have a serious look at their TT business plan before next year.

They need to look at their business model full stop!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×