Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
gettafa

TT2018 - entertainment, tents and that

6 minutes ago, fatshaft said:

...except if it's something you approve of doing, like driving a car? 

Where is that apples and oranges link again...

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, b4mbi said:

Need to get the bar sorted for gigs like that though. Took us half an hour to get served, the queues were that big.

You'd think that in the 15 (?) years since refurbishment they'd have figured that out by now, but no, every gig or concert you go to the bars and their queues let them down. Every time. I think it is because of the weird way that the villa is staffed.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

Where is that apples and oranges link again...

Irrelevant with respect to your argument. You want to stop something you don't approve of, you have yet to clarify what sort of sports you are happy with, and which you want banned, and what non-sporting activities should also be banned on your "everest" :rolleyes: scale 

Just now, fatshaft said:

Irrelevant with respect to your argument. You want to stop something you don't approve of, you have yet to clarify what sort of sports you are happy with, and which you want banned, and what non-sporting activities should also be banned on your "everest" :rolleyes: scale 

You are building your own strawman and expect me to carry it for you.

Just now, RIchard Britten said:

You are building your own strawman and expect me to carry it for you.

Motorcycling = bad

next.........

Just now, RIchard Britten said:

Keep adding the straw...

You keep avoiding this every time. What sports do you approve of?

Just now, fatshaft said:

You keep avoiding this every time. What sports do you approve of?

Define "approve of".

I don't approve of football (soccer) because I find it boring.  Do I want it "banned" (another emotive term with no relevance in the discussion), no.

I am not avoiding anything.  You are trying to build a spurious argument based on dis-similar things (hence the apples and oranges you seem intent on ignoring).

1 minute ago, RIchard Britten said:

Define "approve of".

I don't approve of football (soccer) because I find it boring.  Do I want it "banned" (another emotive term with no relevance in the discussion), no.

I am not avoiding anything.  You are trying to build a spurious argument based on dis-similar things (hence the apples and oranges you seem intent on ignoring).

Do you want motorcycles banned?

People die in football, why are you not wanting it banned?

1 minute ago, fatshaft said:

Do you want motorcycles banned?

People die in football, why are you not wanting it banned?

Sigh, you are new to TT threads on MF, aren't you?

No, I don't want motorcycles banned (your strawman).  I want the TT to end (which is not the same thing as "banned") because of the continued and senseless loss of life and limb.

Yes, people die in all sorts of sports, events, every day life.  Using football as an example, when players die it is extremely rare (almost unheard of) and when it does happen it is invariably down to health conditions not related to playing football (genetic conditons).   But in the real world when there is a continued and seemingly unavoidable loss of life and life, steps are taken to mitigate that (hence you having to wear a seat belt when in a car).

7 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

(hence you having to wear a seat belt when in a car).

not true, mine has none fitted.....

#fakenews

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

Sigh, you are new to TT threads on MF, aren't you?

No, I don't want motorcycles banned (your strawman).  I want the TT to end (which is not the same thing as "banned") because of the continued and senseless loss of life and limb.

Yes, people die in all sorts of sports, events, every day life.  Using football as an example, when players die it is extremely rare (almost unheard of) and when it does happen it is invariably down to health conditions not related to playing football (genetic conditons).   But in the real world when there is a continued and seemingly unavoidable loss of life and life, steps are taken to mitigate that (hence you having to wear a seat belt when in a car).

Cool. So, do you want other sports where people die banned too? I know it's taken hours and hours to get here, but that was my initial question, so if you could answer this first time without stupid "everest" & "bingo" comments, that would be just erchie 

10 minutes ago, fatshaft said:

Cool. So, do you want other sports where people die banned too? I know it's taken hours and hours to get here, but that was my initial question, so if you could answer this first time without stupid "everest" & "bingo" comments, that would be just erchie 

Sigh (again).

You seemed fixated on "banning" things and comparing things that aren't related.

Chase your own tail.  I am done trying to reason with the unreasonable.

15 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

Sigh (again).

You seemed fixated on "banning" things and comparing things that aren't related.

Chase your own tail.  I am done trying to reason with the unreasonable.

says the hemale that want to ban guns....

muslims have killed more brits than the tt, this is preventable if the uk bans muslims.....

• Thanks 1