Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics. ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
gettafa

TT2018 - entertainment, tents and that

21 hours ago, Max Power said:

Competition improves the breed, Bushy's formula was getting a bit stale so maybe a shakeup is what was needed as far as the benefit to the customer is concerned?

17 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

21 hours ago, Max Power said:

Competition improves the breed, Bushy's formula was getting a bit stale so maybe a shakeup is what was needed as far as the benefit to the customer is concerned?

But do you seriously think that a shakeup to benefit the customer was any of the drivers behind the change?

I think in the case of Bushy's it is about the customer.

Change of subject, but I'm still not sure about those urinals.

1 hour ago, hagar the horrible said:

I would imagine it to be nigh impossible to park anywhere near the Villa, parking at the Villa has been stopped during TT due to Bushys activities.

..........except for the VIPoohs................

2 hours ago, yorik said:

Anybody else find it strange that Reef and Ross Noble are performing in the “intimate” setting of the VIP tent rather than the Villa/Gaiety where Ross Noble in particular would guarantee a sell out?

After the civil service allocation there won’t have been many of the 500 tickets left for the general public.

There will be even less availability by the time Tynpotwalders wave their Government Wands (usual sense of entitlement!). 

• Like 1

Have also heard a rumour (great those, aren’t they?) that Hooded Ram have already made approaches to say they want the Villa Gardens site next year.

Anybody know how long a contract Bushys have for the site?

I would think it's just for this year because of the unknown nature of the matter. Once again Bushy's have taken all the risks, and quickly made it a success.

43 minutes ago, yorik said:

Have also heard a rumour (great those, aren’t they?) that Hooded Ram have already made approaches to say they want the Villa Gardens site next year.

I wouldn't be surprised.

Douglas Corporation were whinging that there wasn't a tender process for the Villa Gardens. What a shower of..

I heard from that man in the pub, that Hooded Ram have the financial backing from the owner of Oddbins, whom lives on the island. A man called Raj , I am told.

So a bit more money from him may see Hooded Ram wherever they want to be next year.

8 minutes ago, Hugh Jampton said:

I heard from that man in the pub, that Hooded Ram have the financial backing from the owner of Oddbins, whom lives on the island. A man called Raj , I am told.

So a bit more money from him may see Hooded Ram wherever they want to be next year.

Give him his due he spends a lot of money on the island investing in local businesses. He's one of the few HNWI that shows what the tax cap was put in place to do.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, 2112 said:

There will be even less availability by the time Tynpotwalders wave their Government Wands (usual sense of entitlement!). 

Made all the more galling if they get a free ticket 

56 minutes ago, gettafa said:

I would think it's just for this year because of the unknown nature of the matter. Once again Bushy's have taken all the risks, and quickly made it a success.

I wouldn't be surprised.

Douglas Corporation were whinging that there wasn't a tender process for the Villa Gardens. What a shower of..

They've got some gall, if true.

Mind, if the VM had been left to their tender mercies it would resemble a lot of the rest of Douglas Prom now too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hugh Jampton said:

I think you’ll find that’s why they’re where they are

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, yorik said:

I think you’ll find that’s why they’re where they are

and without full planning permission

And spilling onto the prom the way Busheys were never allowed to......money does not just talk it sings and does the can can in the Isle of Man where you can if you have mega bucks that is.......

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

They've got some gall, if true.

It's true. Ask any Douglas Councillor.

2 hours ago, hissingsid said:

And spilling onto the prom the way Busheys were never allowed to......money does not just talk it sings and does the can can in the Isle of Man where you can if you have mega bucks that is.......

What's wrong with that?

• Like 1

I reckon Hooded Ram for all the posher office workers and Harley Davidson/Ducati riders.

Everyone else - Bushy's.