Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics. ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
gettafa

TT2018 - entertainment, tents and that

23 minutes ago, woody2 said:

Dd-nRXnVAAAVV7r.jpg.eea86d8269be023e96360521e5988dff.jpgDd-nVkGU8AI_b_o.thumb.jpg.0d0b5db36bdde5d07e4226806e7bcb16.jpg

I bet somebodies in D for E and Corpy creamed themselves over that image and couldn't wait to put pen to paper.

If you squint hard enough at the two though.....

1 hour ago, woody2 said:

Dd-nRXnVAAAVV7r.jpg.eea86d8269be023e96360521e5988dff.jpgDd-nVkGU8AI_b_o.thumb.jpg.0d0b5db36bdde5d07e4226806e7bcb16.jpg

To be fair, the picture’s taken during the set up. Apart from the ‘umbrella style’ tents in the mock-up, when the tables outside are packed like they have been most times I’ve been past, the reality is not that far away. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, wrighty said:

To be fair, the picture’s taken during the set up. Apart from the ‘umbrella style’ tents in the mock-up, when the tables outside are packed like they have been most times I’ve been past, the reality is not that far away. 

:lol:

2 hours ago, cheesypeas said:

All well and good until you try and get served. Last night it took us half an hour to get a gin in Bushys. The queue was 5 deep for a beer. Ended up going to Hooded Ram, which was really busy too

Well duh. We have 30,000 visitors here for a good time, as well as 6,000 locals venturing out and both venues between them can hold less than 6,000.

Best times to go are wed to fri this week. Locals nearly spent up and visitors slimming down :)

3 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

I bet somebodies in D for E and Corpy creamed themselves over that image and couldn't wait to put pen to paper.

If you squint hard enough at the two though.....

Health and safety and fire regs put the kibosh on those original plans unfortunately 

1 hour ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Well duh. We have 30,000 visitors here for a good time, as well as 6,000 locals venturing out and both venues between them can hold less than 6,000.

Best times to go are wed to fri this week. Locals nearly spent up and visitors slimming down :)

Or stand outside for a bit with your own Gin and then when moderately shitfaced venture into either tent...problem solved.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Albert Tatlock said:

We may have had something like that by the end of the fortnight, but most are short stayers so nothing like that figure at any one time.

You know better than that Albert.

5 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Went to Peel Day today, it was absolutely rammed. 

Very good day and not a hint of trouble from what I saw 

4 hours ago, Albert Tatlock said:

8500 through the doors of bushy's on saturday night...

6 hours ago, woody2 said:

8500 through the doors of bushy's on saturday night...

I have been working down at Bushys and it was absolutely mental on Friday and Saturday night. First time I have worked there and I can say it's amazing how hard everyone works not just on the bar but behind the scenes. Also I think it's brilliant that Martin mucks in and works just as hard as everyone else you wouldn't get the bosses of H&B or HR behind the bar and delivering stock.

Edited by madmanx90

8 hours ago, yootalkin2me said:

But why would there be any trouble....Just a load of people going to the seaside????

Generally warm weather and alcohol there will be at least one clown who can't handle it but absolutely nothing. When you see reports of things like the castletown carnival over the years with nowhere near the numbers of peel day yesterday its a testemant to everyone who took part and organised it. Very well run and there were no issues with traffic flow loads of buses on.

• Like 1