cycle lane , Lezayre Road?

doc.fixit

...................I see they are closing the Ramsey end of Lezayre Rd for re-building in June and incorporating a cycle lane in the construction..............anyone know how?.........the road is only just wide enough for two trucks passing as it is..................

`·.¸¸.·´´¯`··._.·`·.¸¸.·´´¯`··._.· `·.¸¸.·´´¯`··._.·`·.¸¸.·´´¯`··._.· `·.¸¸.·´´¯`··._.·`·.¸¸.·´´¯`··._.· `·.¸¸.·´´¯`··._.·`·.¸¸.·´´¯`··._.·`·.¸¸.·´´¯`··._.· `·.¸¸.·´´¯`··._.·`·.¸¸.·´´¯`··._.·

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█░░█░░░░░░░░░░
██████▄███▄████░░███▄░░░░░░░
▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░█░░░█░░█░░░███░░░░
▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░█░░░█░░█░░░█░░█░░░
▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█░░█░░░
▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█░░░░
▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░
▓▓▓▓▓▓█████░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░
█████▀░░░░▀▀████████░░░░░░

Edited by orbit
  • Haha 1

............when will someone have the balls to say that some of our roads are not suitable to mix bicycles and vehicular traffic on?...........just as an aside, I have honestly, never seen a cyclist on the cycle path in Douglas, maybe time of day or only going in once a week but no, never seen one............

4 minutes ago, doc.fixit said:

............when will someone have the balls to say that some of our roads are not suitable to mix bicycles and vehicular traffic on?...........just as an aside, I have honestly, never seen a cyclist on the cycle path in Douglas, maybe time of day or only going in once a week but no, never seen one............

TBF, I've seen many. But it is just a waste of time and money creating cycle lanes.

We have about a million miles of road and about 28 bikes. No point whatsoever.

5 minutes ago, doc.fixit said:

You're right. There are quite a lot of routes which are not really suitable for cars. Certainly not at the crazy speeds people drive over here. 

38 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

Nothing would surprise me. Much as though I am in favour of cycle lanes, we can’t seem to accept that it has to be done properly, and that costs money we haven’t got.

it will be a “Manx fudge”

I am all for cycle safety, but we don't have big congested cities over here and do not need any cycle lanes.