Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
dilligaf

Red Arrows 2018

1 minute ago, RIchard Britten said:

From the chap who was exposed as a liar (several times).

the only liar here is you sunshine:lol:

Just now, RIchard Britten said:

I still have the screenshots (which I have shown multiple times)...sunshine.

Do you get a gold star from the TT Defenders Club each time you get frothy at someone on a TT thread?

Then you will see    that  I haven't  told "porkies":lol: , that's more your department having stated, if memory serves, that I was illegitimate , not that it bothers me :lol:, I've been insulted by experts:)

2 minutes ago, De nada said:

Good to see another thread getting ruined by the immature...

You're right.  I should no better than to bite.

I have removed my follow up posts in response to paswt.

Edited by RIchard Britten

FFS people...

Anyway, back to the Red Arrows.  I thought the display was as ever very good, very skillful, but slightly let down by the absence of a finale.  I seem to remember that in previous displays, the finale was that they would fly low over the crowd then all fly off in different directions, signalling that the show was over.  This year, they just sort of disappeared and people were left looking at each other thinking, is this it, do we just go home now?

3 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

Your memory doesn't serve (maybe an old age thing).

And yet here you are, like clock work, when ever I dare to say anything about your precious TT.  It would appear you have attachment issues (Fanboyism in the modern useage).

Here is your "claim" which you have failed time and again to verify.  I am more than happy to donate to charity (again) if you prove me wrong.

Capture11.JPG

You referred to me a " the illegitimate son of Biggles".

My views on road racing on this island have been stated , see previous posts.

I do have a brother who flew V bombers and a relative who flew spitfires and my stepfather was a pilot during WW1.

My dad had a career in the RAF (8 campaign medals).

If you think for one minute that I would be prepared to meet you to show you the evidence then dream on sunshine .:)....... you don't believe me ? ....I  think I can live with that :P

Not that I'm interested but you still seem a little coy about your time in the RAF when you saw/did things that would make a racers 'shit  their pants':lol: 

1 hour ago, RIchard Britten said:

Because its not even remotely free.  How many hundreds of thousands of pounds do you think it costs to keep those planes in the air just for the period of the display, let alone transit time back and forth to said display, the hundreds of thousands of pounds it costs to maintain those planes, pay for the dozens of support staff and pilots, etc.

they only came from raf valley:rolleyes: 45 minutes from take off to landing...

42 minutes ago, BallaDoc said:

FFS people...

Anyway, back to the Red Arrows.  I thought the display was as ever very good, very skillful, but slightly let down by the absence of a finale.  I seem to remember that in previous displays, the finale was that they would fly low over the crowd then all fly off in different directions, signalling that the show was over.  This year, they just sort of disappeared and people were left looking at each other thinking, is this it, do we just go home now?

don't think they can do that anymore......

28 minutes ago, woody2 said:

don't think they can do that anymore......

On the contrary, they are all very talented and experienced pilots.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bobbie Bobster said:

On the contrary, they are all very talented and experienced pilots.

not saying they aren't......

restrictions came in after the shoreham air crash......

1 hour ago, BallaDoc said:

FFS people...

Yes, it was a bit anti-climactic in that respect.

Maybe one of them should put the afterburner on and scribe across the sky "That's all  Folks".

• Haha 1