Gubay v Drower et al

I just came across this blog which was shared by Kate Beecroft on Facebook, it paints a rather disturbing picture of the Isle of Man and its handling of the man who was a law unto himself due to his wealth.

https://newsnightblog.wordpress.com/author/newsnightblog/

It's pretty long and older members probably remember this sad tale which resulted in the untimely death of the man who exposed him on a similar forum to this. I'm surprised Gubay was allowed to die a peaceful death!

• Like 9
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just came across this blog which was shared by Kate Beecroft on Facebook, it paints a rather disturbing picture of the Isle of Man and its handling of the man who was a law unto himself due to his w

Time for bed then!

Deep down...Gubay's a good bloke.

Another man of money who could do no wrong in the eyes of IoMG. Rules bent and disregarded and a Parliament provenly misled amongst other things, all in the name of money tinted glasses.

These things should not be forgotten and allowed to slip entirely from public view. They should be wheeled out and revisited periodically in the name of lessons in how not to conduct.

• Like 2

I've said several times that I believe the current 'ministerial' structure of government was deliberately engineered to produce an unaccountable executive with complete absence of any critical oversight - add to this the complete absence of any investigative press on Island together with as Gubay + others (eg in gagging this forum) have demonstrated that on Island we have the best justice system that money can buy - it doesn't need brown envelopes but merely application of influence in a small community that affects employment etc.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

Gubay was the real victim in all of this. Drower was a pawn in an underhanded smear campaign against Gubay. But let's not allow facts to get in the way of rewriting history to exonerate yourselves.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
1 minute ago, Snorri said:

Gubay was the real victim in all of this. Drower was a pawn in an underhanded smear campaign against Gubay. But let's not allow facts to get in the way of rewriting history to exonerate yourselves.

That's offensive you arsehole.

• Thanks 4
4 minutes ago, Snorri said:

He bought you like a whore.

• Like 1