Gubay v Drower et al

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just came across this blog which was shared by Kate Beecroft on Facebook, it paints a rather disturbing picture of the Isle of Man and its handling of the man who was a law unto himself due to his w

Time for bed then!

Deep down...Gubay's a good bloke.

1 hour ago, Uhtred said:

Why would a newly arrived worker in the egaming industry - I believe that’s what you said you were recently here for - “do homework” in respect of the past activities of Albert Gubay?

Scientia potentia est.

1 hour ago, Doctor Kenneth Noisewater said:

This stuff is really interesting. When did Roly die? And was there further goings on after the court case where Roly was fined? Is there anywhere that can be found with reference to exactly what Roly wrote on manxman.com?

Also what was written on MF that led to pressure for the public appologies and charity donation?

Also people need to stop feeding Snorri obvious use he is just the latest evolution of TJ/llap, etc

Oh look, another new poster ... :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Snorri said:

Scientia potentia est.

Well done TJ, you can create a Sir Francis Bacon avatar now.

• Haha 1

We have this every year or so - check out the way back machine, there are still some black dog pages on it. 

There has been no one of Roly's mark since, he was extraordinarily clever and selfless.  

• Like 1
2 hours ago, NoTail said:

Albert was not a nice guy. But he was successful. 

I did not know him personally,  but my grandad did in the 1960s. In those days Albert was new on the block and needed cash. He asked my grandad for a loan to build a car park in Prestatyn.  My grandad did not trust him so would not lend the money.  Such is life! 

Why "such is life"? If he didn't trust him it seems a reasonable call to make to hang on to your money.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Neil Down said:

Oh look, another new poster ... :rolleyes:

Not at all? Posts from the good Dr. re the Incinerator/EFW plant going back a couple of years IIRC..?

On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 8:52 PM, Dirty Buggane said:

Did I see a Gubay Foundation sign up on the wall by the old mill at the entrance to the nunnery. Was driving past about 4/5 weeks ago I think, some people on a wagon not sure if they were taking it down or putting it up

Nunnery Mills was the "Head Office" of Derwent Management (previously it was Celtic House).

Derwent Management was swallowed up by the Foundation when AG popped his clogs.