Ronaldsway aircraft co

finlo

The reason for the redundancies is a loss of £7 miilion of orders per annum to Rolls Royce for The trent engine range as the contract hasn't been renewed after RAC put prices up to Rolls about two and half years ago. Rolls responded with only a 2 year contract which has now expired. The loss of this contract hasn't been replaced by orders from other customers.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, louis said:

The reason for the redundancies is a loss of £7 miilion of orders per annum to Rolls Royce for The trent engine range as the contract hasn't been renewed after RAC put prices up to Rolls about two and half years ago. Rolls responded with only a 2 year contract which has now expired. The loss of this contract hasn't been replaced by orders from other customers.

Another thread ruined by facts

When will this end?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, louis said:

Sounds like they priced themselves out of the business....

10 hours ago, P.K. said:

Sounds like they priced themselves out of the business....

And I wonder how much of that pricing would have been influenced by transport, Utility and Government costs?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/25/2018 at 1:38 PM, P.K. said:

Having had to re-apply for my own job on numerous occasions it's a very very difficult time for those involved.

I have a friend who worked for British Gas and they went with this "apply for your own job" shite 30 odd years ago. He had to do so several times over the years with all of the uncertainty for self and family that it entails on every occasion. Ridiculous. I think I'd have been hard pushed not to tell them to stick it where the sun don't shine.

As an employer of many years experience I would never stoop so low as to put another human being through such a process. Should be illegal.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, woolley said:

I have a friend who worked for British Gas and they went with this "apply for your own job" shite 30 odd years ago. He had to do so several times over the years with all of the uncertainty for self and family that it entails on every occasion. Ridiculous. I think I'd have been hard pushed not to tell them to stick it where the sun don't shine.

As an employer of many years experience I would never stoop so low as to put another human being through such a process. Should be illegal.

Not if some Bozo is getting a massive salary for doing and knowing nothing 

Applying for their job and justifying the wedge is perfectly normal

Moreso if it is paid for by the taxpayer

28 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Not if some Bozo is getting a massive salary for doing and knowing nothing 

Applying for their job and justifying the wedge is perfectly normal

Moreso if it is paid for by the taxpayer

You don't believe in any sort of job security then? I am not talking about the government. They would never do anything like this in a million years. There are far better ways to deal with incompetence and poor performance. The government doesn't even do that!

Edited by woolley

11 minutes ago, woolley said:

You don't believe in any sort of job security then? I am not talking about the government. They would never do anything like this in a million years. There are far better ways to deal with incompetence and poor performance. The government doesn't even do that!

It does try

I am all for job security as long as us is performance based and not ruled by trade unions