Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
Last Ten

Manx Radio Apology (29th June)

Just before the 5pm news on Friday 29th June, Chris Williams broadcast a sort of bizarre apology relating to what a presenter had apparently said/broadcast at Tynwald Hill last year.

Did anyone hear it? it was absolutely bizarre with some chap (a recording) stating fence the court being played in the background!

I have not been drinking or taking any form of recreational drugs (lol) but this strange apology and the way it was read out makes me think Manx Radio want to confuse us all.

Anyone else hear it??

LT 

8 hours ago, Last Ten said:

Just before the 5pm news on Friday 29th June, Chris Williams broadcast a sort of bizarre apology relating to what a presenter had apparently said/broadcast at Tynwald Hill last year.

Did anyone hear it? it was absolutely bizarre with some chap (a recording) stating fence the court being played in the background!

I have not been drinking or taking any form of recreational drugs (lol) but this strange apology and the way it was read out makes me think Manx Radio want to confuse us all.

Anyone else hear it??

LT 

I think it is an ad for a satirical show to be broadcast on Tynwald Day. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gladys said:

Cheers Gladys

I think he said they unreservedly apologise for a Manx Radio intern using the word beginning in W at last years Tynwald Ceremony.

If I could find it on a recording I would link it here.

Thanks 

It was a reference to someone using a silent 'w'. Not sure about much more but I did hear that bit.

It was a trailer for IM1 (geddit?) click here

Sometimes. once you know someone is having a bit of a try at satire, it is difficult to hear the same voice announcing the deaths. without waiting for a punchline or something.

Roy MacMillan and co. were ok with The Headlines Again. I think Roly Drower had a hand in that. Anyway, I'll look forward to IM1 being broadcast.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, gettafa said:

It was a reference to someone using a silent 'w'. Not sure about much more but I did hear that bit.

It was a trailer for IM1 (geddit?) click here

Sometimes. once you know someone is having a bit of a try at satire, it is difficult to hear the same voice announcing the deaths. without waiting for a punchline or something.

Roy MacMillan and co. were ok with The Headlines Again. I think Roly Drower had a hand in that. Anyway, I'll look forward to IM1 being broadcast.

Thank you, I was beginning to think I was hearing stupidity!

6 hours ago, Gladys said:

So that would be the Tynwald ceremony then?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

What is even weirder is that show on Saturday morning where the presenter pretends he is broadcasting from  a train and thinks he works for Radio Caroline. 

Whats that all about?

He’s recreating the vibe of the 1960s by ingesting copious quantities of LSD.

That is Carnaby Street.....the only decent show on Manx Radio....love it, love it, love it, Paul Corkish is also o.k.    The rest of the music is unadulterated s...e.

3 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

That is Carnaby Street.....the only decent show on Manx Radio....love it, love it, love it, Paul Corkish is also o.k.    

Agree with that bit. :)

22 hours ago, Last Ten said:

Cheers Gladys

I think he said they unreservedly apologise for a Manx Radio intern using the word beginning in W at last years Tynwald Ceremony.

If I could find it on a recording I would link it here.

Thanks 

I think the "joke" is meant to be that, because of the silent "W" in wrap - it becomes a Rap!   (Hilarious, isn't it?)

If they are trying to piggy-back on the wonderfully funny BBC series W1A, then they have failed. The one on the link shared (ineptly called IM1) was absolutely f*kicng appalling.

• Like 1