Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
manxy

5G Network Radiation?

Fascinating thread. A good read in one go from start to finish.

It's a shame the word "radiation" is used to cover the whole spectrum of things that are, erm, radiated. From light, heat, radio waves all the way to gamma radiation from nuclear reactions.

It's interesting to read from start to finish to witness the escalating panic from some posters as the conspiracy interweb becomes more and more populated with madder and madder ideas.

So, I started with the trees being cut down. It's always a bit suspicious when it's the same photos being used across the web. And even more interesting for me, because on my way to work today I noticed most of the tress along the main road are being removed. But easily explained. The trees grow too big and start to lift the pavement (bad for wheelchairs), their roots grow into underground services such as sewerage pipes etc. And in the case of where I live, trees are continually cut back because of the danger they pose in strong typhoon winds. Roadside trees planted in pavements just grow too big.

Also, wrt trees. It seems from professor from Surry (I think) done a paper on the siting of masts, and he said best not to site masts beside trees. He did not say cut the trees down. He said don't put the masts beside trees, or buildings come to that. But his diagram seems to have been hijacked by the tree chopper brigade.

An interesting post from about page ten said the higher frequencies used in 5G are the same as the old analogue TV.  That seems to be true. The same frequencies are used for radar guns, GPS, Bluetooth, wifi. And thinking back, I do seem to recall when analogue tv was switched off, one of the reasons given was the Government wanted to free up frequencies for other uses. They make money from selling it after all. So we actually have decades of data about these frequencies. It what carried auntie beeb into our houses just a few years back.

The list of scientists who signed the "more investigation needed" was interest.  The first name and "institute" I Binged, at random turned out to be a professor and her company with the mission statement " Helping you prove your marketing claims". And right enough, she had papers on the benefits of homeotherapy  etc. I searched a few more, and yup, there are certainly a few experts on there. many of whom work in the field of EMF. Of course they say research is needed. They will be the ones being paid to do it. I know that idea is a bit tenious, but its the same one Fox news use every day regarding climate change.

Do I think 5G transmissions are dangerous?

I would say no, based on current evidence. But research should carry on as it does all the time. Thousands of PHD students out there looking for Thesis subjects. Nobody is preventing them doing their experiments and investigations into the subject

Why the urgency for 5G though? Why does it seem governments seem to want to push it out? Are they doing it at the risk of endangering babies sleeping in their crib?

I don't think so. It's a network capacity thing. The faster network can carry more traffic. It's not about downloading films in 1.5 seconds. Your phone can't write to its memory that fast. Looking at some of the Huawei announcements phones will download at about 100Mbs, but speeds of 100GBs are possible. It just means (I think), that each mast can carry more traffic.  Good news for political parties that have internet access in their election manifestos.

I think a large part of the problem is the geo-politics. Huawei have a full system being rolled out, and Nokia, Sony Erickson and even Samsung have been beaten to it. Indeed, remember all the Nokia staff who lost their jobs when Microsoft destroyed the Nokia phone division, guess where a lot of them work now? Yup Huawei. So, after years of lack of investment, cut backs and job losses in western companies, Huawei won the race, with Samsung just behind.

As for the security of Huawei systems. I don't disagree with the worries. But you don't need to have control of the mast to collect radio signals. Remember the stuff a few years back with the google street view car, when the German Government caught it harvesting domestic wifi signals.

Anyway, I totally agree that research should never stop. Indeed, step it up a gear. Get the Governments paying for science in the universities instead of relying on founding from foreign students to keep the labs open.

My own opinion. This whole anti science movement needs to stop. From anti vaxers, flat earthers all the way to the anti 5G movement. It's a good thing to want evidence of safety and to demand good research. But keep to the actual facts, Linking 5G to a 500 million population cap is just daft. 5G is here because a bunch of scientists developed it, and were paid to do it by companies who can sell it. There is no globalist conspiracy. After all, the more data a customer can download, the more the customer can be charged.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

As an add to above. It is pretty amazing.

The phone in my hand now is 4g, but its on wifi. And I can post on manx forums from China. 

With 4G, I can walk down the street and have a video call to mates in the UK. But 4G is not as fast as wifi, or as reliable, so the call cuts out. So I tend to use wifi for video chats.

A problem to be solved, so the engineers and scientists are working to solve it. Hence the interconnected web. Basically 5G is mobile home or office wifi.

40 years ago, when I was a kid on a Scottish council estate, there were old folk with rickets, kids with polio wearing calipers on their legs, In fact, my younger sister had an undiagnosed fever as a baby and stopped developing.

The world was photos in a book or magazine. News was always the day after. Now everything is instant, and kids survive infancy.

And not one person has all this knowledge. Not one person can build 5G, or discover new medicine on their own. Its teamwork.  Mistakes were made, and more will be made. 

Is 5G the mistake that will end humanity. Nope. Of course not. Its just reusing radio frequencies we have used for decades. If anything, it will be safer than marconies first spark induced emf wave. Its certainly more controlled. 

From this thread, I have seen a poster go from a casual enquiry to a full on stressed out paranoid. Thats not good.

Thats not science induced stress. Thats the anti science propagandists who ironically can make money from posting crap on youtube, a medium that is made possible by science.

5g will make the anti science brigade even more powerful. Ironic. 

I think this thread is a powerful demonstration of how the anti science and conspiricists can influence and consume people for their own ends.

Mao done the same. He set out to destroy the scientists and the thinkers. China is still paying the price for that today.

• Like 3

Thank you for your personal view and although I don't agree with your conclusion, I do believe having the freedom to write and say what you want is important in this day and age as society increases its surveillance systems. (China for example)

A test trial should be a limited test trial and scientists who call for independent tests should at least be given the opportunity of having credited data to work with and no experiment should be tested on people who do not want to participate in this scheme. I actually would be interested to see if the telecommunication industry have any 5G towers within 20 metres of their own premises and if there has been any side affects like the list below.

Screen Shot 2019-05-23 at 10.43.33.png

Trafford Council rejects 5G (Updated)

https://news4trafford.co.uk/2019/02/11/trafford-council-rejects-5g/?fbclid=IwAR0lhx2xJonxx0cBxDCZ38y7_8Yj_9ARPRylj_5VRaBZMaEY3LNXKsUedzA

Trafford Council has today told us that they have no plans to let any mobile network install 5G antennas or masts on lamp posts or buildings in the borough.5G is the latest technology that is said to improve internet speeds and many other things that needs the power for it to work such as driverless cars.

The issue is over the frequency involved, this is not the same as your standard 2g/3g or 4g mast which works on a very low-frequency and a mast would normally be out-of-the-way or very high up so it would not cause as much harm, the one thing to note is all the masts we see today have all been safety tested where as 5G has not been.

Remember 5G in its first part is only 3.6GHz and are often next to normal masts and sometimes inside these long grey poles, this is a trick by the networks to get councillors and others to accept the technology, and then they bring in the second installation of 5G which will be the ariels and small masts on lampposts and buildings, sneeky? you are correct so it is now for everyone to get on to the councillors and MPs to stop the second part of the 5G installation.

Manxy. Calm down. I am a Scottish Design engineer who is living and working in China. Been here 8 years, before that I was 12 years on the island.

Chinahand knows Chinese workers, so do I.

Ha ha.. I remember my wife wearing her farady cage apron when she was pregnant. To protect her from the 'rays' from a cathode ray tube monitor. Wow, only 8 years ago, offices had cathode ray tubes. Now there are none.

Thats the Mao anti science thing.

Trust me on this Manxy. My boss is a Chinese engineer. He has not been programmed to destroy you. His aim is not to make you infertile. His job is to manage projects that meet and surpass EU safety standards. Cos we can sell safe stuff. Investors dont like unsafe stuff. 

There are no government agents with mysterious chips to be added. That would need to be designed in.

No brain control. Look into my eyes.. no brain control..

• Like 2

I would have no problem having a 5G transmitter on a pole outside my daughters bedroom. I would prefer if it was across the street of course, but thats an emotional reaction. For sure, research might find a link that connects cancer to 5G. It will likely be an obscure cancer that kills 1 in 60 105 year olds. I want my daughter to live forever.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, ScotsAlan said:

I would have no problem having a 5G transmitter on a pole outside my daughters bedroom. I would prefer if it was across the street of course, but thats an emotional reaction. For sure, research might find a link that connects cancer to 5G. It will likely be an obscure cancer that kills 1 in 60 105 year olds. I want my daughter to live forever.

You're John Gummer, aren't you? ;)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, woolley said:

You're John Gummer, aren't you? ;)

Not at all. Just a migrant to China. A guy used to dealing withing totally irrational thinking. A guy with trumpster post truth mates. A guy who is totally aware of first world issues versus blue collar developing world needs. A guy who understands Fox news. A guy who is employed as a design engineer, in China, with the job to reduce cost. And to be blunt.. yeah.. well.Its a proper job.

Its not a youtube job. Its a real job that employs ppl.

Like Huawei do. 

But gone now. Hauwei have sent the Americans home.

Trump is a fucking idiot.

Get this.. Huawei have 5G. they invested, the government helped.. fast trains and all that. Infrastructure. Get workers there. To make ,actually make something. Make something to sell. Western bankers just want a quick bonus. How much has western banks invested in 5G? Its backburner stuff.

1 hour ago, ScotsAlan said:

Not at all. Just a migrant to China. A guy used to dealing withing totally irrational thinking. A guy with trumpster post truth mates. A guy who is totally aware of first world issues versus blue collar developing world needs. A guy who understands Fox news. A guy who is employed as a design engineer, in China, with the job to reduce cost. And to be blunt.. yeah.. well.Its a proper job.

Like Huawei do. 

Get this.. Huawei have 5G. they invested, the government helped.. fast trains and all that. Infrastructure. Get workers there. To make ,actually make something. Make something to sell. Western bankers just want a quick bonus. How much has western banks invested in 5G? Its backburner stuff.

It's the US trade lobby. They don't want Chinese stealing a march on them on their own patch or anywhere else preferably. Doesn't matter how good or otherwise is Huawei, it's America First, remember? You get to the top, you get complacent.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ScotsAlan said:

Like Huawei do. 

:thumbsup: More power to your elbow. Alan.

Well it was a fair bet that the first poster to mock ScotsAlan's post would either be manxy or PGW. Like the sun coming up and the sun going down. Ignorant.:(

8 hours ago, ScotsAlan said:

Manxy. Calm down. I am a Scottish Design engineer who is living and working in China. Been here 8 years, before that I was 12 years on the island.

Chinahand knows Chinese workers, so do I.

Ha ha.. I remember my wife wearing her farady cage apron when she was pregnant. To protect her from the 'rays' from a cathode ray tube monitor. Wow, only 8 years ago, offices had cathode ray tubes. Now there are none.

Thats the Mao anti science thing.

Trust me on this Manxy. My boss is a Chinese engineer. He has not been programmed to destroy you. His aim is not to make you infertile. His job is to manage projects that meet and surpass EU safety standards. Cos we can sell safe stuff. Investors dont like unsafe stuff. 

There are no government agents with mysterious chips to be added. That would need to be designed in.

No brain control. Look into my eyes.. no brain control..

LoL Nice reply :P

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, dilligaf said:

Well it was a fair bet that the first poster to mock ScotsAlan's post would either be manxy or PGW. Like the sun coming up and the sun going down. Ignorant.:(

Sorry fella but I don't think I'm ignorant but telling the truth openly attracts people who have vested interests that may even affect their businesses. If people in places like WHO are concerned and also speak out, then I can't see little me making any type of statement that will make those in the know change their minds?

Far too many people are involved for this to be fobbed off now although there's lots out there who think that it must be ok, as surely someone wouldn't hurt anyone and our Government would protect us as thats why we pay them, then sad to say, there's lots of greedy people out there and you cant say I'm wrong Dilli as many times people claim brown envelopes and dodgy dealings go on behind closed doors.

All I want is for a proper and thorough independent investigation be taken on 5G / Smart Meters and let the scientists and professionals explain the facts. 

Why the all over the world rush?

Edited by manxy

1 hour ago, manxy said:

Sorry fella but I don't think I'm ignorant but telling the truth openly attracts people who have vested interests that may even affect their businesses. If people in places like WHO are concerned and also speak out, then I can't see little me making any type of statement that will make those in the know change their minds?

Far too many people are involved for this to be fobbed off now although there's lots out there who think that it must be ok, as surely someone wouldn't hurt anyone and our Government would protect us as thats why we pay them, then sad to say, there's lots of greedy people out there and you cant say I'm wrong Dilli as many times people claim brown envelopes and dodgy dealings go on behind closed doors.

All I want is for a proper and thorough independent investigation be taken on 5G / Smart Meters and let the scientists and professionals explain the facts. 

Why the all over the world rush?

So, how long would you postpone introduction for the tests.

Many of the things you are concerned about may take 10, 20, 30, 40 years or more before there can be any detectable adverse results.

You're also naive to think anything can be proved safe. That’s not how testing works. You can prove something unsafe, you can prove low risk, based on testing results, at the time, with the science available, and depending on how long you run tests for. Oh, and the honesty of the tests.

But you can’t, for 5G, or anything similar, test that it’s safe, and eliminate all the other factors that might cause cancers, Leukaemia, low fertility, etc. Etc.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dilligaf said:

Is that the sun going down in relation to a flat planet or a real one.