Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics please. We will try and merge the locked topics as relevant. Topics are UK, IoM, TT & Sports and Tips & Questions about isolation and home working ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
manxy

5G Network Radiation?

6 hours ago, manxy said:

Thank you

Manxy’s shortest post...

• Haha 1

On 2/14/2020 at 10:34 PM, Neil Down said:

Manxy’s shortest post...

Yes

• Haha 1

On 2/19/2020 at 3:06 AM, Stu Peters said:

I'm agnostic about this, but have legitimate concerns that don't involve my trusty tinfoil hat.
https://www.techradar.com/news/swiss-cantons-halt-use-of-new-5g-masts-due-to-health-concerns

I used to like technology as I thought it was all safe and that we were protected in our tinfoil hat environment by our Government and who would strive to find 'warts and all' in any new developments of technology. But alas, they follow unsafe guidelines from an industry regulated machine where no industry tests are being conducted and unlikely to be either. The gel dummy heat test was apparently sufficient in the years prior to the technology progress of 4G or 5G and little thought to peoples health and safety was provided. Somehow sounds familiar to the island.

We supposedly are a forward thinking island and have used our brainpower in schemes like airport extensions/security Xray/fence, faster ferries, increased house building, new hospital, new prison, best smooth road surface (TT route only), bendy buses, full island sewage treatment, great pension schemes, promenade development and now 5G where the odd person can watch a film in a few seconds.

Yep, we strive for success and have the most forward thinking public servant 'consultants' around where money is no concern as you get what you pay for!

But back to 5G -  When someone says that they are going to do a 5G pilot scheme, then you would think that it was only going to be trialled out in small areas to see how it works, but NO, this is being trialled out all over the world and at the same time. Hundreds of satellites above us and hundreds of thousands of 5G power masts and relay stations with the intention of a receiver every 200 metres and some have suggested that its because the military want better surveillance on its subjects or car giants wanting electric cars or some other agenda?

I cannot answer why people do what they do, but if I do not want to be part of a test, then I should have that option but IMO, the safest thing to do is use the Precautionary Principle or not have it at all. Putting up towers, antennas, boxes, smart meters etc have been shown to cause harm and further investigation is needed. Lets watch what happens to those foolish enough to trial it out and forget about those who are lining their corporate deep greed pockets as the island as health and safety should be more of a concern than being shown at the moment by the YES men and women in the cabinet!

Doctors Advice Link Here

@manxy sad to see you’ve lost your critical faculties, again, just when you seemed to be getting better.

Shame you still mix up WiFi and mobile telephone signals.

You're like the proverbial computer, RiRo ( rubbish in, rubbish out ).

Im a sceptic, so I read the articles, reckon I’m pretty good and identifying the snake oil salesmen and bull shitters. Why can’t you. You pick them, and believe them every time.

Try this one. I’ve followed the links to check the science. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/startswithabang/2019/11/01/the-science-of-why-5g-is-almost-certainly-safe-for-humans/

in the mean time don’t drink coffee, thyme or handle coins. They’re all possibly carcinogenic in the UN risk scale. Along with many other things.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@manxy I can’t see anywhere where the government is pushing the 5G agenda here. I would say they seem quite neutral/level headed.

I spoke to a colleague this week who had been talking to one of the main vocal opposers of 5G and the shit they were spouting was horrendous, Australia bush fires started by lasers in space Triggered by one of the 6 Jewish people who run the world.... CIA setting up 9/11 when a load of Jewish people were warned and not in the building.

Not to stereotype but there seems to be a pattern of people linking falsehoods and scaremongering around 5G that simply love a good conspiracy founded on nonsense.

The article Stu posted notes that the roll out of 5G was continuing although they agreed to turn the power down which still meant potential speeds of 2Gbps! 

2 hours ago, John Wright said:

@manxy sad to see you’ve lost your critical faculties, again, just when you seemed to be getting better.

Shame you still mix up WiFi and mobile telephone signals.

You're like the proverbial computer, RiRo ( rubbish in, rubbish out ).

Im a sceptic, so I read the articles, reckon I’m pretty good and identifying the snake oil salesmen and bull shitters. Why can’t you. You pick them, and believe them every time.

Try this one. I’ve followed the links to check the science. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/startswithabang/2019/11/01/the-science-of-why-5g-is-almost-certainly-safe-for-humans/

in the mean time don’t drink coffee, thyme or handle coins. They’re all possibly carcinogenic in the UN risk scale. Along with many other things.

Your opinion 

Have a nice day

1 minute ago, manxy said:

Your opinion 

Have a nice day

No, Fact.

26 minutes ago, manxy said:

Your opinion 

Have a nice day

Did you even read the link?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

Did you even read the link?

Its from Forbes and once over, the married couple used to provide sound advice and go into great depths of detail pulling sources provided by Bercovici (Berco), Hill and Greenberg (Ice). Unfortunately, something happened and they stopped their correspondence which was unusual. Unfortunately, some weak individuals now believe that the industry provided information to Forbes is correct without checking to see what safety measures and tests were provided and the same information from Forbes is found on industry related sites.

I suppose with the internet being filled with covert media material and people get sucked in to a single way of thinking, then this mental filtering is bound to affect their judgemental points of view but if people check out the numerous scientific research that is not industry funded, then the answers are there in plain site.

Thank you for replying Neil and have a good day

2 hours ago, manxy said:

Its from Forbes and once over, the married couple used to provide sound advice and go into great depths of detail pulling sources provided by Bercovici (Berco), Hill and Greenberg (Ice). Unfortunately, something happened and they stopped their correspondence which was unusual. Unfortunately, some weak individuals now believe that the industry provided information to Forbes is correct without checking to see what safety measures and tests were provided and the same information from Forbes is found on industry related sites.

I suppose with the internet being filled with covert media material and people get sucked in to a single way of thinking, then this mental filtering is bound to affect their judgemental points of view but if people check out the numerous scientific research that is not industry funded, then the answers are there in plain site.

Thank you for replying Neil and have a good day

Oh the irony...

• Haha 1

Any ideas why the island accepted Huawei?

Maybe its got something to do with David Cameron who's got a new job with an AI company?

Here's some of his mates

Screen Shot 2020-02-23 at 20.58.59.png

Where did you read about the Island pushing on with a 5G vendor @manxy?

The UK have agreed to use Huawei for infrastructure but not core (core is where GCHQ said there is a possible vulnerability with 5G).

if Huawei cost in better than the other infrastructure companies, what’s the counter argument for not using them?

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

@manxy

Try reading this

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-51613580

Tell me, do you ever use talc, eat pickled onions, or beetroot, well they have the same carcinogenic risk as 5G. What about bacon, ham, smoked fish? That’s much more dangerous.

In your personal opinion.

Have a nice day John