Jump to content
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
La Colombe

Arron Banks Met Russian Ambassador...

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, the stinking enigma said:

Russia is blamed for trump when the reality is it's israel that owns him. Brexit is blamed on russia when the reality is that it's the US that benefits. It's not even that complicated.

Our very own Russian disinformation bot speaks. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, woody2 said:

so has corbyn........

what's your point.....

 

Corbyn hardly sets the bar very high where Russia are concerned. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Boo Gay'n said:

so there is a local link, sort of.

There is a very clear local connection - according to the website of Manx Financial Group, which is the holding company for Conister Bank, amongst others:

Arron Banks, a former Director of the Group is beneficially interested in 38,153,158 Ordinary Shares. This holding includes 9,777,166 Ordinary Shares held by Rene Nominees (IOM) Limited in trust for ICS Risk Solutions Limited. John Banks, a director of MFG is also a director of ICS Risk Solutions Limited.

38m shares represents around 29pc of the group, so a major stake in a local bank/financial services group.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People meet people all of the time about wide ranging issues. These "met the Russian ambassador" stories from Trump to Brexit mean nothing unless there is evidence of malign or traitorous intent? Is there? In any of them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, woolley said:

People meet people all of the time about wide ranging issues. These "met the Russian ambassador" stories from Trump to Brexit mean nothing unless there is evidence of malign or traitorous intent? Is there? In any of them?

Read the online interview by Andrew Rawnsley with former US Secretary of State Madeline Albright on the Guardian/Observer website today. Very interesting. Putin “So cold he’s almost reptilian” and an excellent description of Putin’s anti-western agenda and its origins. Any meeting with a senior Russian diplomat merits at least scepticism. Putin is your enemy Woolley. He despises your freedoms and resents your choices. He’d like to harm you if he could.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

putin is a gangster......

you will struggle to find anyone that hasn't had a ferrero rocher with russia.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

Read the online interview by Andrew Rawnsley with former US Secretary of State Madeline Albright on the Guardian/Observer website today. Very interesting. Putin “So cold he’s almost reptilian” and an excellent description of Putin’s anti-western agenda and its origins. Any meeting with a senior Russian diplomat merits at least scepticism. Putin is your enemy Woolley. He despises your freedoms and resents your choices. He’d like to harm you if he could.

Plenty of others in the queue before Putin, PK, and closer to home. So a meeting with a Russian diplomat merits scepticism. That's fair enough. I'd just like to hear some of the substance, that's all. What was discussed, etc. We never do, though. It's all innuendo.

I'm not impressed by lurid descriptions of human beings such as "almost reptilian" as a rule.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, woolley said:

Plenty of others in the queue before Putin, PK, and closer to home. So a meeting with a Russian diplomat merits scepticism. That's fair enough. I'd just like to hear some of the substance, that's all. What was discussed, etc. We never do, though. It's all innuendo.

I'm not impressed by lurid descriptions of human beings such as "almost reptilian" as a rule.

Fair comment - as for Albright’s description, as a diplomat I guess she’s not given to hyperbole and as Putin is an ex-KGB enforcer and the kind of guy who chucks polonium and novichok around, I’d venture she’s on the money.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

Fair comment - as for Albright’s description, as a diplomat I guess she’s not given to hyperbole and as Putin is an ex-KGB enforcer and the kind of guy who chucks polonium and novichok around, I’d venture she’s on the money.

I am not arguing the case for Mr Putin or his nature. He's not the sort of chap I would ask to my daughter's 21st party. I just don't think that this extends to everybody having to avoid contact with Russia and Russian diplomats. Obviously there is much that could be of mutual interest to talk to them about. If any of those contacts turn out to be of a subversive nature then by all means let us see some proof of that. All of the evidence levelled to date does seem to be largely circumstantial. And there are credibility issues when the accusations come from one secret service against another.

The West is as much to blame as anyone for the complexion of the current regime in Moscow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, the stinking enigma said:

Madeline albright is one of the biggest war hawks going.

I wasn’t claiming that she was saintly, merely that her assessment/analysis of Putin is probaby on the money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

She may well be right in some respects. But we are sort of forcing russia to look to a figure of strength. The same way we would if russia had us surrounded and were pushing. It's whoever takes over from putin that i find slightly concerning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...