Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
La Colombe

Biker Critically Injured...

Spoke to a bloke yesterday who was watching it as it happened. Absolute carnage and not something he'll forget in a hurry.

7 hours ago, Lxxx said:

Spoke to a bloke yesterday who was watching it as it happened. Absolute carnage and not something he'll forget in a hurry.

Wow, just read the story in the paper. I see what you mean. I wonder if that will pop up on youtube. Crazy. 

1 hour ago, La Colombe said:

Wow, just read the story in the paper. I see what you mean. I wonder if that will pop up on youtube. Crazy. 

I am glad they left out the details

That newspaper front page is getting quite a hammering on Facebook as being disrespectful

Is it that bad?

I'd ask on FB posts but it feels a little emotionally raw for discourse at present

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Rhumsaa said:

That newspaper front page is getting quite a hammering on Facebook as being disrespectful

Is it that bad?

I'd ask on FB posts but it feels a little emotionally raw for discourse at present

Are we supposed to place pictures of bunnies or fluffy cats up instead? Or maybe a nice artists impression or a cartoon? 

Edited by thesultanofsheight
  • Thanks 1

Personally i'm all for things like that. The message is clearly not getting across, and these dickheads fans who come over here to ape their heroes need constant reminders. I'd go for full gore, heads separated from bodies, limbs and guts all over the road etc

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Personally i'm all for things like that. The message is clearly not getting across, and these dickheads fans who come over here to ape their heroes need constant reminders. I'd go for full gore, heads separated from bodies, limbs and guts all over the road etc

So the subtle approach then.

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, Rhumsaa said:

Is it that bad?

Maybe if they showed the true picture, warts and all, the "fans" may get a little grip on reality.

Don't these snowflakes know what actually happened in many of these " accidents" FFS, none so blind that will not see.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, dilligaf said:

Maybe if they showed the true picture, warts and all, the "fans" may get a little grip on reality.

Don't these snowflakes know what actually happened in many of these " accidents" FFS, none so blind that will not see.

plenty of pictures about of battlefields and cities with bodies all over the place after conflicts but we still go to war,   dead people just aren't that important,  but when on your own doorstep you have to make the right noises for a bit and pretend you care while getting on with our own selfish lives.  how many actual racers want the opportunity to race to be removed because they might die?  and how many dead racers relatives want racing stopped because their loved one died?    if you ask just those groups to vote on it racing will always win.  the people it affects most will still want it anyway and fans will still turn up to watch.   the Romans had a colosseum  built where people deliberately fought to the death and the crowds came,  what chance no crowds with the odd accidental death. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

A wallaby in Onchan!? That is an unusual event. You don't often see a wallaby in Onchan. That should have been the lead story.

Edited by Mr. Sausages
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Rhumsaa said:

Is it that bad?

There's a guy on there who witnessed it, and is basically blaming IOM newspapers for his PTSD.  He's getting lots of support from angry facebookers.

No wonder we have brexit. trump and quayle.

• Thanks 1