Jump to content

World Cup Final


yootalkin2me
 Share

Recommended Posts

Let's be honest no country in the world is squeaky clean so people acting all out outraged now when they've had 12 years to boycott the place is a all a bit virtue signalling.

in saying that Qatar should never have been awarded it, the world cup should be in the summer when you can go to beer Gardens and have bbqs not in the middle of winter. I'll watch a few games no doubt but not overly interested in it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

Because they thought money would buy them good PR but they've found out their country is just a dusty shithole

Most people thought it was a dusty shithole well before this. It’s almost like buying the worlds worst PR for hundreds of millions of dollars. I really don’t get it. It only shows two things to me 1. What a throughly corrupt and disgusting money laundering scheme FIFA and anyone connected to FIFA is and 2. How detached from reality the governments hosting these events are. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

Most people thought it was a dusty shithole well before this. It’s almost like buying the worlds worst PR for hundreds of millions of dollars. I really don’t get it. It only shows two things to me 1. What a throughly corrupt and disgusting money laundering scheme FIFA and anyone connected to FIFA is and 2. How detached from reality the governments hosting these events are. 

Isn't the marketing/PR company British? I read an advertorial years back about how the company came from nowhere to secure the contract. I wonder how that happened?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Holte End said:

I was proud of all the Aston Villa players who refused to play for England in Qatar.

Robbie Williams is loudly justifying why he’ll still be headlining there though in todays papers. I didn’t think he was skint but I’d suggest he possibly is the amount of time he’s spending justifying his actions. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, thommo2010 said:

I'll watch a few games no doubt but not overly interested in it

I agree with you there. I think this is the kiss of death for the event and hardly anyone will be interested and it hasn’t even opened yet. There was a great story this morning about them paying British supporters to go just so they would provide good social media coverage and also them allegedly dressing up migrant workers in the football tops of some of the minor teams and paying them to behave like supporters for the duration of the event. You really couldn’t make it up if you tried. A billionaire dictatorship paying actors to pose as football fans so that it looks good to the western agencies who have paid for the media rights. It’s a bit like a Middle Eastern version of the Truman Show. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Steady Eddie said:

I agree with you there. I think this is the kiss of death for the event and hardly anyone will be interested and it hasn’t even opened yet. There was a great story this morning about them paying British supporters to go just so they would provide good social media coverage and also them allegedly dressing up migrant workers in the football tops of some of the minor teams and paying them to behave like supporters for the duration of the event. You really couldn’t make it up if you tried. A billionaire dictatorship paying actors to pose as football fans so that it looks good to the western agencies who have paid for the media rights. It’s a bit like a Middle Eastern version of the Truman Show. 

I'm looking forward to the next world cup that's being held in North America. As I've said a world cup should be in the summer in the off season sitting having a beer and a bbq. This is just a farce

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Steady Eddie said:

I agree with you there. I think this is the kiss of death for the event and hardly anyone will be interested and it hasn’t even opened yet. There was a great story this morning about them paying British supporters to go just so they would provide good social media coverage and also them allegedly dressing up migrant workers in the football tops of some of the minor teams and paying them to behave like supporters for the duration of the event. You really couldn’t make it up if you tried. 

Well you say you couldn’t make it up if you tried. And use the term “ allegedly” about migrant workers being dressed up in football tops of some of the minor teams.

I am opposed as anyone could be about the World Cup being held in Qatar.

But for the criticism to be valid it has to be based on facts not allegations.

 

Edited by The Voice of Reason
Spelling
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...