Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
La Colombe

Rally Under Threat...

Apparently there ate those involved whom are to be compensated:

1. If compensated by IoM Government then surely this is an admission of guilt?

2. If compensation is to be paid out by IoM Government tax dollars then I, for one, would be fucking furious that my money (albeit about £1.20) is to be used as hush money.

3 minutes ago, yootalkin2me said:

Apparently there ate those involved whom are to be compensated:

1. If compensated by IoM Government then surely this is an admission of guilt?

2. If compensation is to be paid out by IoM Government tax dollars then I, for one, would be fucking furious that my money (albeit about £1.20) is to be used as hush money.

Just as a matter of intrest, Who did you vote for in the last election ?

I see that Paul Phillips IOM Govt TT & Motorsport Business Development Manager is a MF member and has been having a regular look / lurk at this and the racing topics.

Paul can you tell us if (and how) you interpret the Forum feedback of your domain and do you feedback to your bosses the sentiments offered and take any actions ?

It would be much appreciated if you might put some words on here in response to the comments under your professional remit rather than just " twitching the curtains".

Edited by Mr Helmut Fromage
Dilli's big flounce....

7 minutes ago, yootalkin2me said:

Thomas

I`ve heard of him!!

You could have said the names of 20 of the other 23 and I would have forgotten that they were MHKs. A general disgrace, the lot of them.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

I see that Paul Phillips IOM Govt TT & Motorsport Business Development Manager is a MF member and has been having a regular look / lurk at this and the racing topics.

Paul can you tell us if (and how) you interpret the Forum feedback of your domain and do you feedback to your bosses the sentiments offered and take any actions ?

It would be much appreciated if you might put some words on here in response to the comments under your professional remit rather than just " twitching the curtains".

Paul is a government employee and his sole remit is the TT and CTT. It would be unfair to drag him into discussions about his colleagues or his employer. For whatever reason the DoE do not support the rally, personally I think that this is short sighted but it's possibly based upon the potential numbers of spectators which the event attracts?

Update:

Rob Callister seems quite clear that the DoE did offer an underwrite which was accepted by the rally organisers prior to them pulling the plug?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAaBq5CVgeE

Although the Rally IoM Chairman accepts that there is blame on both sides, particularly the DoI.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fh9kFYo-rsw&pbjreload=10

Edited by Max Power

6 minutes ago, La Colombe said:

Nobody actually believes anything they read on Linkedin surely? 

Well, there are always those that build their profiles up somewhat...you know the sort, low level managers pertaining to be senior management by using certain terminology to give that implication...I personally know of a few people who have wildly exagerated tveir job title as a means of boosting their low self-esteem.

15 minutes ago, La Colombe said:

I mean, you'd want corroboration wouldn't you. 

If you google his name and job title, it also comes up as the same as the Lindedin profile

3 hours ago, yootalkin2me said:

I Concur...Motorsport.....pretty sure Rally comes under tgat banner.

And pushbikes. As in Cyclefester.

Edited by Non-Believer

3 hours ago, yootalkin2me said:

Well, there are always those that build their profiles up somewhat...you know the sort, low level managers pertaining to be senior management by using certain terminology to give that implication...I personally know of a few people who have wildly exagerated tveir job title as a means of boosting their salaries and pensions.

Fixed.

• Haha 1

The Marshall / scrutineer that had 35 years of experience was soon culled by MR after the early morning news.   He reckoned there was lots wrong with the way the Rally was run last year and brought it to the notice of the organisers with no result.  He put the blame squarely on the Rally organisers, so why is the government shelling out ?