Jump to content
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
dilligaf

Subscribers

Recommended Posts

I often look at who is online and it strikes me that not too many actually pay the £20 to subscribe. It took me about 8 years to realise that forums do not run on fresh air.

That's a great shame really, as plenty would moan if the admins and moderators gave up and the forum died.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agree dilli. Compared to the tripe on TV, £20 is a very small price to pay.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

Agree dilli. Compared to the tripe on TV, £20 is a very small price to pay.

You can also shout at the screen and get a response :ph34r:

 You are correct about TV.

We have just binned our £115 per month  Sky subs. (£1400 per year nearly )

Edited by dilligaf
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, thebees said:

Us paying guests n all that :)

and they have the cheek to call us names ?:o...……………………………………………………….:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dilligaf said:

You can also shout at the screen and get a response :ph34r:

 You are correct about TV.

We have just binned our £115 per month  Sky subs. (£1400 per year nearly )

Good for you re Sky. Did that a couple of years ago. Haven't missed it at all. Keep strong when the Retentions Dept. starts to work on you. They assume that you don't really want to ditch it and are just looking for a better deal.

Re those other subscriptions. Is there a postal address where cash donations might be sent towards MF expenses? That might garner some response. It might even already be listed on here somewhere, but I've never seen it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, woolley said:

Good for you re Sky. Did that a couple of years ago. Haven't missed it at all. Keep strong when the Retentions Dept. starts to work on you. They assume that you don't really want to ditch it and are just looking for a better deal.

Re those other subscriptions. Is there a postal address where cash donations might be sent towards MF expenses? That might garner some response. It might even already be listed on here somewhere, but I've never seen it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does being a subscriber get rid of the adverts when on a mobile phone? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheTeapot said:

Does being a subscriber get rid of the adverts when on a mobile phone? 

No

TBH I don't know what the advantage is apart from feeling that one is paying ones way :)

Edited by dilligaf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

 

But no postal address where you can send proper folding stuff?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

I guess now youve subscribed dilligaf that means no more flounces?

Fuck no, £20 is £20.

 ( watch this space )

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, woolley said:

But no postal address where you can send proper folding stuff?

I'll PM my home address.:lol:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dilligaf said:

I'll PM my home address.:lol:

Hmmmm. Very good. You don't need money having ditched Sky!!

Seriously though. There might be a better response if people can make anonymous postal donations to the registered owners of the forum.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, woolley said:
8 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

I'll PM my home address.:lol:

Hmmmm. Very good. You don't need money having ditched Sky!!

Seriously though. There might be a better response if people can make anonymous postal donations to the registered owners of the forum.

Yes, I agree.

There should be an anonymous way to pay your dollar.

Now I have coughed up "they" know even more about me :ph34r:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...