Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
gettafa

Shimmins' comments an 'insult to residents of the Isle of Man'

So....Messrs Bell, Teare, Shimmin and Cretney to be brought before inquiry committee to give evidence in respect of Media fund...(iomtoday, where's also a few contributor comments to read...).

Edited by Non-Believer
Forgot John Shimmin...how could I...?
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

So....Messrs Bell, Teare and Cretney to be brought before inquiry committee to give evidence in respect of Media fund...(iomtoday).

keep-calm-and-sweep-it-under-the-carpet.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

So....Messrs Bell, Teare, Shimmin and Cretney to be brought before inquiry committee to give evidence in respect of Media fund...(iomtoday, where's also a few contributor comments to read...).

It will be immensely interesting to hear exactly what Fast Eddie has to say to the PAC about all this

Edited by Donald Trumps

I'd bet there's already one or two phone calls being made to the local legal profession for advice...?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Donald Trumps said:

It will be immensely interesting to hear exactly what Fast Eddie has to say to the PAC about all this

It will all be commercially confidential

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, WTF said:

It will all be commercially confidential

It will turn out to be a clusterfuck of epic proportions.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Donald Trumps said:

The interview on Manx Radio with Eddie Teare about the MEA fiasco was absolutely epic and glittering stuff. Full of praise for himself and the dream team who, apparently sorted it all out.

He mentioned how wonderful and charming was Eddie Lowey for example, and went on to laud the praises of Steve Christian, who he said could "think outside the box".

The way Eddie Teare was talking you would think the whole MEA scandal was cleared up and sorted by the Dream Team, and our children and grandchildren* have nothing to worry about regarding all the money that went 'missing' and the massive debt we are left with. IoM Film will be little different according to Eddie.

I have only ever had dealings with Eddie when he was a probate clerk with one of the advocate's firms. You could have bowled me over with a feather when he became MHK let alone Treasury Minister.

Isle of Man Where You Most Certainly Can.

*I do not include the children and grandchildren of the people who found some of the 'lost' money in their possession.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, gettafa said:

The interview on Manx Radio with Eddie Teare about the MEA fiasco was absolutely epic and glittering stuff. Full of praise for himself and the dream team who, apparently sorted it all out.

He mentioned how wonderful and charming was Eddie Lowey for example, and went on to laud the praises of Steve Christian, who he said could "think outside the box".

The way Eddie Teare was talking you would think the whole MEA scandal was cleared up and sorted by the Dream Team, and our children and grandchildren* have nothing to worry about regarding all the money that went 'missing' and the massive debt we are left with. IoM Film will be little different according to Eddie.

I have only ever had dealings with Eddie when he was a probate clerk with one of the advocate's firms. You could have bowled me over with a feather when he became MHK let alone Treasury Minister.

Isle of Man Where You Most Certainly Can.

*I do not include the children and grandchildren of the people who found some of the 'lost' money in their possession.

The man would be out of his depth in a car park puddle...

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, gettafa said:

You could have bowled me over with a feather when he became MHK let alone Treasury Minister.

Simply because he was well known in the district and the family had farmed there for years. You only have to look at the make up of the Keys down the years to see that we don’t elect on quality and ability!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Aye, take the metaphorical/actual piece of straw out of his mouth and lash a suit and tie on him and there you have it.

A stuffed suit for the House of Keys.

Reminds me of those figures you see round Ballabeg and that, around Laa Column time

Edited by gettafa

51 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

Simply because he was well known in the district and the family had farmed there for years. You only have to look at the make up of the Keys down the years to see that we don’t elect on quality and ability!

It will be interesting to see if Cretney gets booted off the gravy train he has been riding on for decades, he is a nodding donkey!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, gettafa said:

Reminds me of those figures you see round Ballabeg and that, around Laa Column time

More like the ones you see in the field at Cross Four Ways at the bottom of Ballamodha....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Uhtred said:

Yup, in respect of some of them, in a village inhabited only by idiots they would still be the village idiot !

• Like 3

Odd how the article announcing this on iomtoday now seems to have been pulled.....:huh: