Jump to content
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
Butterflies

IOM Employment Law Lagging Behind UK

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, kevster said:

Thanks, didn't realise that that was the UK level. Of course, the IoM figure is only a minimum. I get 25 + public/bank holidays

The law sets out the minimum entitlement 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

#fakenews

 

 

 

Am I doing this right?

lol

 

#fakenews, which one, the JWfact, or the woodyfact?

Edited by John Wright

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, John Wright said:

It’s not available. I say that as an advocate and former vice chair of the Legal Aid Committee.

go on what's it called then:rolleyes:

more than a few judgments have stated that the time taken to hear the case was down to legal aid been refused.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

#fakenews

 

 

 

Am I doing this right?

no- keep digging #fantaboy.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, woody2 said:

 

22 minutes ago, woody2 said:

go on what's it called then:rolleyes:

more than a few judgments have stated that the time taken to hear the case was down to legal aid been refused.....

 

Please link a case and cut and paste that phrase from it, a Tribunal case.

There isn’t Legal Aid, in any way, shape or form, or by any other name, in an Employment Tribunal.

We know you have literacy and reading and comprehension issues.

”been refused” presumably = being refused

As it’s not available it can’t be refused.

Perhaps it was “not being available”, that you have misunderstood.

 

Edited by John Wright

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Please link a case and cut and paste that phrase from it, a Tribunal case.

There isn’t Legal Aid, in any way, shape or form, or by any other name, in an Employment Tribunal.

We know you have literacy and reading and comprehension issues.

”been refused” presumably = being refused

As it’s not available it can be refused.

Perhaps it was “not being available”, that you have misunderstood.

 

https://www.gov.im/about-the-government/offices/general-registry-isle-of-man-courts-and-tribunals/tribunals-service/tribunals/employment-tribunal/employment-tribunal-decisions/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, woody2 said:

No. That’s not what I asked. Even if you had linked to a single case and actually cut and pasted the quote, which you can’t, you’ve linked a dud

2F562AD3-6699-4884-8012-4FE302D4D8F3.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, kevster said:

Thanks, didn't realise that that was the UK level. Of course, the IoM figure is only a minimum. I get 25 + public/bank holidays

 

Almost all workers are legally entitled to 5.6 weeks' paid holiday per year (known as statutory leave entitlement or annual leave). An employer can include bank holidays as part of statutory annual leave. Working 5 days a week. Most workers who work a 5-day week must receive at least 28 days' paid annual leave per year .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Woody's linking skills are at the same level as his comprehension.

see iomg-not me......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, John Wright said:

No. That’s not what I asked. Even if you had linked to a single case and actually cut and pasted the quote, which you can’t, you’ve linked a dud

2F562AD3-6699-4884-8012-4FE302D4D8F3.png

do your own homework......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, woody2 said:

see iomg-not me......

 

34 minutes ago, woody2 said:

do your own homework......

Lovely doubling down on the old excuseinator!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...