Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Ham_N_Eggs

Hosepipe ban

but use a bucket and sponge  or watering can and all is good.

20 minutes ago, WTF said:

but use a bucket and sponge  or watering can and all is good.

Ah but can you fill the bucket with a hose?

It has been suggested that it is the cost of electricity used transfering the water from one reservoir to another /£ 500 / a day plus is the reason.    Does anyone have any info on this ?

Just now, finlo said:

Ah but can you fill the bucket with a hose?

if i stand close enough.............................

• Haha 1

The fact that they appear not to of taken account of evaporation due to the heat  from the reservoirs according to their answers on Facebook makes me wonder if they live in some alternate universe.

I once knew someone who changed the water in their outdoor swimming pool once a week every summer, hosepipe ban or not. It took a few thousand gallons too. Don't think he was ever prosecuted, although a fine would only have been small change.  

Perhaps Manx Utilities should explain the reason for the hose pipe ban to the people in charge of the Public Sector pension fund. 

• Like 3

I met three of the MUA water department senior managers lately. One was a drip, another a little squirt and the third was extremely wet. Even though they pooled their remarks, I decided to filter what they said but when I decided to splash out and told them I’d be ignoring the hosepipe ban it precipitated them going off at the deep end. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Shake me up Judy said:

I once knew someone who changed the water in their outdoor swimming pool once a week every summer, hosepipe ban or not. It took a few thousand gallons too. Don't think he was ever prosecuted, although a fine would only have been small change.  

To be fair, such as this and planning laws, probably tax laws too, doesn't apply to the very rich on the Isle of Man.

• Like 1

If I remember correctly Barrie Stephens was the Islands Hose Pipe Enforcement officer in 76/77..

Edited by Mr Helmut Fromage
Likeable Rogues
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Building another 300 homes at Camlork may overstretch the water supply. Then we would need to spend another x million building a new reservoir. To pay for that we will need more tax payers so guess what, we would need to build more houses.

• Like 3

Someone in the know said the rain from the last few days won’t really get into the reservoirs we need much more!

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

If I remember correctly Barrie Stephens was the Islands Hose Pipe Enforcement officer in 76/77..

By now then the C.S. will have  Head of Hose Pipe Enforcement, Two Deputies for Enforcing Hose Pipe Bans, Four Hose Pipe Enforcement Officers.

Edited by Holte End
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2