Incredible name coincidences

On 8/3/2018 at 9:24 PM, Uhtred said:

My teenage years penfriend lived in a remote Welsh village. The local butcher was a Mr. Pigg - his son married a girl called Carol Bacon.

She may have been having you on. Looking through FreeBMD there is no Carol Bacon married anyone named Pigg

A former girlfriend of my brother was called Joan Fleet; she married a guy called John Street, so went from from Fleet to Street.

FrreBMD, no one listed named Street married anyone named Fleet

Two sisters lived together near to my parents, just after my parents married. One sister was a spinster and the other was widowed. Their surnames were thus Saw and Cock.

FreeBMD: no one named named Saw married a person named Cock, ditto vice versa

Often these stories are often once removed as in "a mate of a lad at work said ...." or when my neighbour's daughter's flat mate.." etc

Edited by gettafa

Working in the travel industry, we've booked quite a few over the years, certainly for our overseas ship's crew.

We've had a Mr Salmon and Mr Ella travelling together who were the chief cook and kitchen assistant.

Other names that spring to mind are:

Ivan Arce

Richard Potato 

Jeff Macatbag

Perfecto Suganob

There was Mr Bedser, the piano teacher, who used metronomes to set his rhythm when sexually assaulting young girls. And Mr Bedder, an impotent 18 year old who killed a prostitute who taunted him.

Edited by John Wright
3 hours ago, gettafa said:

She may have been having you on. Looking through FreeBMD there is no Carol Bacon married anyone named Pigg

FrreBMD, no one listed named Street married anyone named Fleet

FreeBMD: no one named named Saw married a person named Cock, ditto vice versa

Often these stories are often once removed as in "a mate of a lad at work said ...." or when my neighbour's daughter's flat mate.." etc

Dunno about the others but Pigg married Bacon in South Africa.

• Like 1