Jump to content
Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics. ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Last Ten

Moorhouse and Castletown Square

Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

That’s because they can’t walk 20 feet - the fat fuckers visit McDonalds too frequently.

It's been going on a while... 

2560.jpg

Edited by quilp
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Chef Raekwon said:

It's hilarious how people do this. 

Now I get that some people have mobility issues, but I'm pretty certain the vast majority of people who do this are just lazy.

I do it just to stop lazy people taking them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, quilp said:

It's been going on a while... 

2560.jpg

howards hair needs editing out 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Castletown Square is now CLOSED to traffic! Excellent news, it is so much nicer when it isn't a car park. They should have shut it Saturday for the market but hey ho, at least it'll be shut for the next one. And the market was actually quite good, 30 or so stalls and it was fairly busy. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

Castletown Square is now CLOSED to traffic! Excellent news, it is so much nicer when it isn't a car park. They should have shut it Saturday for the market but hey ho, at least it'll be shut for the next one. And the market was actually quite good, 30 or so stalls and it was fairly busy. 

Went through on the bus while the market was on and couldn’t believe they still had parking there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Declan said:

Went through on the bus while the market was on and couldn’t believe they still had parking there. 

Maybe they should have delayed it for another month and have it in place until end of September .  Nothing wrong with parking there out of season.  Think some of the local traders will be a bit upset with this move.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is shut til September. The local trader who'll be upset is the miserable butcher, but he's upset with everything. I'm all for it. I do think though, that in an attempt to encourage people to use the other car parks that a zebra crossing should be put in place on Farrants Way outside the town hall. I told them that in their parking consultation too.

Edited by TheTeapot
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

It is shut til September. The local trader who'll be upset is the miserable butcher, but he's upset with everything. I'm all for it. I do think though, that in an attempt to encourage people to use the other car parks that a zebra crossing should be put in place on Farrants Way outside the town hall. I told them that in their parking consultation too.

Can’t imagine why they took no notice of anything you proposed... :thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The consultation only closed on Friday, they might yet take it into account. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, forestboy said:

Nothing wrong with parking there out of season. 

There is when there's Market in the rest of Square. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Declan said:

There is when there's Market in the rest of Square. 

There’s been no problem in the past closing it to parking for the occasional market or the likes of Southern Hundred or TT related events.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But it wasn't on Saturday. There were still vehicles outside the George. I've also been there where there's been entertainment on and some idiot is revving his engine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the famous square where the relative of Jason had his Sarnie pinched by that dastardly seagull no less, the matter was raised in Tynwald, should be recognised as being an important part of Manx history.    No cars ever, ever, ever, bugger the butcher.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...