Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
manx-person

Athol Street police presence

10 minutes ago, kevster said:

We still only have the OPs word that armed police are there. 

They aren’t there any more - they were though - let’s wait to see what the police say in tomorrows newspaper.

Let’s see if it’s denied.

Surprising that nobody else has commented on what they saw on Athol street though.

4 hours ago, Kopek said:

If Thommo is a serving police officer, then surely he is in need of some psychological counseling for his belligerent attitude? Hope he's not armed!

Or if you could point out where ive been belligerent then i will do my best to word things better in future

Also ive never said what i do for a living as i stick up for the police people put 2 and 2 together. 

Edited by thommo2010
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

Or if you could point out where ive been belligerent then i will do my best to word things better in future

Also ive never said what i do for a living as i stick up for the police people put 2 and 2 together. 

Actually you did tell us a few years ago;)

1 hour ago, Neil Down said:

Every one of them appears to be an enemy in that hell hole. 

Speaking of which, Mr Britain appears to have gone dark lately.

Edited by dilligaf

20 minutes ago, manx-person said:

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=42233

So it appears armed police deployments in the Isle of Man over multiple days are routine.

If you are that bothered then why not call Mr Roberts and demand an explanation...

2 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

If you are that bothered then why not call Mr Roberts and demand an explanation...

How do you know I haven’t ? He’s already made a comment in the newspapers hasn’t he ?

Just raising awareness that’s all.

2 minutes ago, manx-person said:

How do you know I haven’t ? He’s already made a comment in the newspapers hasn’t he ?

Just raising awareness that’s all.

More like being feckin nosey and expecting others to get you the info you so desperately crave... :ph34r:

27 minutes ago, manx-person said:

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=42233

So it appears armed police deployments in the Isle of Man over multiple days are routine.

Well they’re not going to say “Actually we’re actively stalking Mr X out” are they? 

They were only ever going to have to say it was a routine exercise. 

2 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Well they’re not going to say “Actually we’re actively stalking Mr X out” are they? 

They were only ever going to have to say it was a routine exercise. 

Judging how easy it was to approach the vehicle and talk to the officers inside, I tend to agree it was a routine exercise

12 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

More like being feckin nosey and expecting others to get you the info you so desperately crave... :ph34r:

An “exercise” over three consecutive days?

If there was a threat because of “Mr X” that required armed officers, then how could it make sense not to try to keep the public away from the vicinity ?

I don’t care who or what but I want to know how public safety was considered - I’m still not reassured.

Edited by manx-person
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, manx-person said:

If there was a threat because of “Mr X” that required armed officers, then how could it make sense not to try to keep the public away from the vicinity ?

I don’t care who or what but I want to know how public safety was considered - I’m still not reassured.

I doubt you ever will be...

5 minutes ago, manx-person said:

It does all look rather odd but reading that link if it was a real operation it’s a bit disconcerting that they put bollards up when they drive off so they could get their space back. It’s something a cunning criminal would be prone to noticing really if they were on a stake out. Or maybe he was so clever that he completely evaded capture and when to the airport when he saw that the cones had gone up and he knew they’d be gone for an hour or so? 

Edited by thesultanofsheight

11 hours ago, Neil Down said:

Doesn’t offend me at all dilli. I saw things in Northern Ireland that would curl you hair. The “men” who committed these atrocities deserved an abrupt end.  Depriving the planet of their existence is a massive plus.

you are britten and i claim my £5.......

• Haha 1