Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
Linz

Bum slapper has to be nice to all

On 8/10/2018 at 8:22 PM, dilligaf said:

So I take loads of flack for just knowing WK, then it is all of a sudden funny to slap a lady on the arse.?

A lot of posters on here need to take a reality check. The guy should be in clink for what you lot think is funny.

Get over it :) Take the flak, he is bad ...& you know it.

The ass slapper was out of order, but a fine would be enough. 

16 minutes ago, 2bees said:

Get over it :) Take the flak, he is bad ...& you know it.

The ass slapper was out of order, but a fine would be enough. 

But he did not get a fine.

He was told to be a good boy.

I wonder how many bad boys start with the bottom slap ?

3 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Ask your mate 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Gizo said:
5 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Ask your mate 

You are a bit like a dog with a bone really, aren't you? ( or in your case a puppy ) You just can't let go.

My knowledge of WK has been explained ad infinitum, but you can't understand it.

You are such a sad , childish soul and it may not be your fault that your brain just does not compute information into a simple form that you can understand, but give it time and it may improve.

If you don't know what I mean, ask your mum to explain it to you.

11 hours ago, woody2 said:

i'll have to watch my balls next time i give the mrs one if slapping a woman on the arse is now a crime......

I doubt they would reach her arse 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Neil Down said:
11 hours ago, woody2 said:

i'll have to watch my balls next time i give the mrs one if slapping a woman on the arse is now a crime......

I doubt they would reach her arse 

Do you believe that woody actually has a "mrs"?

Can you imagine saying what he posted about a real partner ?

He has no shame, or no brain.

Edited by dilligaf
  • Like 1

On 8/11/2018 at 3:49 PM, Declan said:

It needs to be part of a pattern of behaviour. Not a trivial disagreement. 

Over what period?

I wasn’t there, I don’t know the facts, other than what’s in the report. Because of the way it was dealt with the facts were not told to the court. He was charged with common assault, not indecent assault, so the lowest assault category with no sexual element.

The Lady clearly took exception and reported him. He was charged or summonsed.

No doubt he attended Court and saw the duty advocate. There would have been discussion of the prosecution case and the defendants case. There would have been discussion of outcomes and sentencing options and risk. Perhaps the facts alleged were disputed, perhaps a conviction would have meant loss of job. Let’s suppose it was a first offence, no risk of prison, probably not even a fine. Community sentence.

So, duty advocate goes to see prosecutor, says there will be a guilty plea and trial, with all that entails of the aggrieved having to give evidence.

DA then says that defendant will enter into a binding over order to be of good behaviour, if the prosecution is withdrawn. It has same effect as a conditional discharge. If he breaches he has to pay a financial penalty, but importantly it is civil, not criminal, so no conviction.

Prosecutor, bearing in mind the low level of charge, the actual facts, the fact the woman won’t be called ( and named - no annonimity in common assault for the victim ) agrees. Defendant signs up, case withdrawn. Defendant has clean record.

What would you do if someone slapped your bum, John? I'm not being personal, I am just curious what an advocate would do lol.

30 minutes ago, Howard said:

What would you do if someone slapped your bum, John? I'm not being personal, I am just curious what an advocate would do lol.

Wholly irrelevant. I’ve explained in neutral terms the process, how and why it got where it did. I make no value judgment as to whether any of it is right or wrong. We don’t even know, and given the presumption of innocence and the withdrawal of the prosecution that the bum slap took place, equally we can’t say it didn’t happen or that the lady shouldn’t have reported it and the prosecution shouldn’t have happened.

Its just one, of half a dozen, possible  disposal option.

4 minutes ago, Howard said:

I wasn't talking about this case.

As I’m currently using a wheelchair it’s not going to happen.

What would you do, Howard?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Andy Onchan said:

Over what period?

I don’t think it’s as simple as saying “repeatedly telling your wife what to wear over a period of months”. I mean that could just be nagging that goes in one ear and out the other. 

It’s more if you are doing it to undermine her self-confidence. Or coupled with other behaviours - controlling who she can be friends with, controlling the finances, etc. 

2 hours ago, John Wright said:

As I’m currently using a wheelchair it’s not going to happen.

What would you do, Howard? 

If I was in a wheelchair? Run over their foot. :) 

• Haha 1