What makes you laugh?

7 minutes ago, pongo said:

Who by? It sounds very unlikely and more than a bit paranoid. Can you link to any examples?

As I said I’m not playing your game and what’s paranoid about taking up real life situations that I know are wrong with actual MHKs?  I’m more than happy with the real world conversations I have with real world people, about real world stuff, and don’t feel the need to discuss specific situations with anonymous online profiles who are just trying to be clever. 

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So true.  People who dish out insults anonymously online are tiny cocked losers.

That’s your view and your entitled to it. I’m very patriotic and I can’t stand the way government and officers that we employ via our taxes are totally destroying the IOM and most chances of it turnin

Posted Images

26 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Threads are often corralled back ‘on track’ very frequently when they might drift off into territories certain people dont like. 

7 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

As I said I’m not playing your game

You allege public sector corruption but won't provide a single example.

And you allege that forum threads are  " corralled back ‘on track’ very frequently when they might drift off into territories certain people dont like " - but you won't even link to an example. Come on now - it can't be that difficult to at least link to an instance of this if it is really "frequent".

And you are accusing me of playing a game by asking.

8 minutes ago, pongo said:

You allege public sector corruption but won't provide a single example.

And you allege that forum threads are  " corralled back ‘on track’ very frequently when they might drift off into territories certain people dont like " - but you won't even link to an example. Come on now - it can't be that difficult to at least link to an instance of this if it is really "frequent".

And you are accusing me of playing a game by asking.

Not playing ;) ;);)

I’m very happy with my real world engagements on these subjects. And I’m very happy with the access I have to people who matter to discuss my concerns openly and privately. Not playing with smartass trolls. Go find another target. Casualty is just starting :lol:

But then this is bumping all the issues raised by other posters over banning’s which are further back up this thread nicely ;)

Edited by thesultanofsheight

I think Pongo is a well established serious member of our community.

Of course there are dicks who will try to wind people up and yes some may defend colleagues etc and also try to derail threads they don’t like. 

But I think Pongo is sceptical that there’s any organised attempts to manipulate the forum. 

Sure people can deliberately wind people up and there are posters who have similar views and so reinforce opinions but I don’t think that is coordinated rather it is the reality of life. 

Getting into squabbles is not the right approach though I suppose it does make people revert to type. 

To be honest Sultan you sometimes don’t help yourself. It is quite ironic seeing you getting pulled into aggressive willy waving with the usual suspects. I don’t think it is a conspiracy simply you and the peanut gallery behaving to type. 

It ain’t helpful. 

3 minutes ago, Chinahand said:

To be honest Sultan you sometimes don’t help yourself. It is quite ironic seeing you getting pulled into aggressive willy waving with the usual suspects. I don’t think it is a conspiracy simply you and the peanut gallery behaving to type. :lol:

:lol: Can Bobbie try to troll me next? Looks like he’s next in the queue. 

Edited by thesultanofsheight
  • Haha 2
4 minutes ago, paswt said:

Am I to assume that you take the view that there has never been any corruption ?

Why would you ask that?

His allegation is that there is an "institutionally corrupt system of public administration". That's what I am asking for examples of.

Edited by pongo
5 hours ago, Linz said:

Oh right. Why would you want to make it clear to me that Rob had nothing to do with it all? It's not an assumption I had reached to be honest. I assume then that you are a moderator as it wasn't clear to me from what I saw but you obviously know more so thanks for clarifying. I just saw that all the posts by that poster had been deleted so naturally I arrived at the opinion that far from a ban being a conspiracy theory it certainly seemed to actually happen.

It did apparently happen in that posts have been deleted. But don’t worry your realization of that is being bumped several pages down this thread already as the usual suspects are trying to create a multi-page bun fight to distract from your perfectly valid observation. Personally I’m not playing but I’m sure they will suck others in and extend this out to at least 10 pages of arguments by which time your post will have been completely forgotten ;)

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, pongo said:

Why would you ask that?

His allegation is that there is an "institutionally corrupt system of public administration". That's what I am asking for examples of.

I ask because I wished to know if you had nailed your colours to the fence.

His allegation is not unreasonable given what many on this island believe .

1 minute ago, thesultanofsheight said:

don’t worry your realization of that is being bumped several pages down this thread already as the usual suspects are trying to create a multi-page bun fight to distract from your perfectly valid observation 

Hang on - you kicked off some of this - or were, at least a part of it. So are you the people you are talking about?

16 minutes ago, pongo said:

I also don't accept his idea that the IOM is "being destroyed". In many ways the quality of life on the island seems better than ever.

13 minutes ago, finlo said:

Examples please?

Better housing. Nicer places to eat out. Upbeat business environment. Low unemployment. Increased diversity. Homosexuality legal. More choices for consumers. Much cheaper flights. Improved longevity. Schools improving. Much more liberal politics. Beaches getting cleaned. Sewage issue being dealt with.

etc etc etc

ETA:

+ Lovely weather. Electric TT. Two great breweries. Two places making gin.

Edited by pongo