What makes you laugh?

I think there are serious problems with pensions etc which aren’t being addressed. Also the way the government wants to have its fingers (usually at a loss) in everything from Glen cafes to steam railways to the steam packet is a recipe for meddling and is totally incompatible with a low tax administration and a government run by postmen and teachers. 

It isn’t so much institutional corruption as being totally out of their depth. 

The administration is too big and lacks competence. Without reform it could well start to damage the wider economy and be unable to be flexible enough to react to a changing world. The next 10 years are critical and I wouldn’t be over optimistic. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So true.  People who dish out insults anonymously online are tiny cocked losers.

That’s your view and your entitled to it. I’m very patriotic and I can’t stand the way government and officers that we employ via our taxes are totally destroying the IOM and most chances of it turnin

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, pongo said:

Better housing. Nicer places to eat out. Upbeat business environment. Low unemployment. Increased diversity. Homosexuality legal. More choices for consumers. Much cheaper flights. Improved longevity. Schools improving. Much more liberal politics. Beaches getting cleaned. Sewage issue being dealt with.

etc etc etc

You are Chris Thomas and I claim my £5.

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, pongo said:

Homosexuality legal. 

Wasn’t that 1992? 

I have to say I agree with the comments above that this thread is just being hopelessly bumped to create a huge argument. I was happy with the posts I made at the start as deleting posts clearly happened. You can’t say things are conspiracy theories when they have clearly happened. A poster made posts and provided links that were clearly not liked, and those posts were very clearly deleted. 

21 minutes ago, pongo said:

Better housing. Nicer places to eat out. Upbeat business environment. Low unemployment. Increased diversity. Homosexuality legal. More choices for consumers. Much cheaper flights. Improved longevity. Schools improving. Much more liberal politics. Beaches getting cleaned. Sewage issue being dealt with.

etc etc etc

ETA:

+ Lovely weather. Electric TT. Two great breweries. Two places making gin.

Nothing of what you mention  has anything to do with our esteemed leaders?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, thesultanofsheight said:

You won’t find me apologizing for any of my views or backing down on trolls if they think they can take me on. I know several MHKs who share the same view as me that the biggest problem the IOM has is a greedy institutionally corrupt system of public administration. 

I also know top civil servants who hold the same opinion so don't let these wasters get to you.

1 hour ago, thesultanofsheight said:

:lol: Can Bobbie try to troll me next? Looks like he’s next in the queue. 

The only person “trolling“ is you. You are so tightly wound it’s frightening.

7 hours ago, Howard said:

lol

So why do we think that those posts were taken down? It’s sort of been established that it’s not a conspiracy theory anymore as it seems to have actually and tangibly happened. I’m just wondering what the boundaries are on here as I’m sure nobody wants to innocently over step them and get banned. One thing is for sure though Howard, it definately wasn’t taken down because of Rob Callister as so many posters have gone well out of their way to make that clear. 

Edited by Linz
Just now, Chinahand said:

What posts? On what subject?

I thought forums worked like this. A topic is started at the top of the thread and then posts follow the subject heading. The post at the start of this thread is about posts and a thread that disappeared. That’s the posts I’m referring to. 

5 minutes ago, Linz said:

101 dim nations. 

So why do we think that those posts were taken down? It’s sort of been established that it’s not a conspiracy theory anymore as it seems to have actually and tangibly happened. I’m just wondering what the boundaries are on here. I’m sure nobody wants to innocently over step them. 

I think you're imagining things. There was never a post on here to begin with. Yes, you saw it and posted in it, and so did I, it did happen, but now it didn't happen.

• Haha 1