What makes you laugh?

5 minutes ago, Howard said:

I think you're imagining things. There was never a post on here to begin with. Yes, you saw it and posted in it, and so did I, it did happen, but now it didn't happen.

Just like Dallas? Bobby Ewing died. But then he woke up 2 years later in the shower and apparently it had all been a crazy dream. Maybe it didn’t happen? So why did someone start this thread to ask why a thread had disappeared if a thread hasn’t disappeared? 

F57B0585-F1C4-4621-BE25-129BCA36A735.jpeg

Edited by Linz
  • Like 1
  • Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So true.  People who dish out insults anonymously online are tiny cocked losers.

That’s your view and your entitled to it. I’m very patriotic and I can’t stand the way government and officers that we employ via our taxes are totally destroying the IOM and most chances of it turnin

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Howard said:

I don't know why the thread about Cueball's blog was removed soon after Rob Callister showed up on the thread.

Well I read the start of this thread and you can be rest assured that Rob Callister definitely had nothing to do with it. At least 2 posters were really careful to point that out straight off that that certainly wasn’t the case at all and that it could not possibly have happened as it never happens. So I don’t know really. It’s a mystery. 

Edited by Linz

If people complain posts are made invisible.

The mods have become increasingly fed up and run ragged by fools putting the forums at risk.  

Sad, but that is the reality. I don't know anything about what's happened but the mods simply don't want the hassle anymore and I sympathise.  

7 hours ago, Chinahand said:

The mods have become increasingly fed up and run ragged by fools putting the forums at risk.  

Sad, but that is the reality. I don't know anything about what's happened but the mods simply don't want the hassle anymore and I sympathise.  

i don't think a link to another website constitutes a risk to the forum but what do i know,    mardy clown throws strop, mods fold, free spee   mm , mmm ,   mmmmm.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Chinahand said:

Bit odd though don’t you think. I love reading News Nights blog via here and it basically alleges that government is totally corrupt and that huge sums of money have been lost. But a blog that takes the piss out of the silly blog of an MHK seems to get taken down. From what I read from others’ posts this seems to happen all the time. So how is that putting the forum at risk? And who would complain about what seems to be a humerous skit time and time again? Those are genuine questions as News Night is a real powder keg that I would have thought has the Cabinet Office running for cover and on the phone to the mods threatening all sorts whereas the posts that were erased just read like they were taking the piss to me. In what way could that be putting the forum at risk? As a theory it doesn’t really make sense at first glance. 

Edited by Linz
Just now, Linz said:

Bit odd though don’t you think. I love reading News Nights blog via here and it basically alleges that government is totally corrupt. But a blog link that takes the piss out of the silly blog of an MHK seems to get taken down. From what I read from others’ posts this seems to happen all the time. So how is that putting the forum at risk? And who would complain about what seems to be a humerous skit time and time again? Those are serious questions as News Night is a real powder keg that I would have thought has the Cabinet Office running for cover and on the phone to the mods whereas the posts that were erased just take the piss. In what way could that be putting the forum at risk? 

I think you’ve completely misunderstood. I don’t think the cueball blog link got taken down because it was offensive ( it isn’t) or because it was complained about ( it may have been, who knows ). The poster and their posts were removed because in a very few hours they had posted that link across three threads and more than 20 times. Spamming.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
6 minutes ago, John Wright said:

I think you’ve completely misunderstood. I don’t think the cueball blog link got taken down because it was offensive ( it isn’t) or because it was complained about ( it may have been, who knows ). The poster and their posts were removed because in a very few hours they had posted that link across three threads and more than 20 times. Spamming.

But I recall seeing a post that said that the poster had removed all those links and that they apologized if they had linked too often so why would posts then be erased as “spam” if an alleged spammer had already voluntarily removed all the claimed spam and apologized directly to posters who had complained? It still doesn’t make much sense to me to be honest. 

Edited by Linz
14 hours ago, dilligaf said:

I have a great respect for you John as a person, but the sock puppet thing is worse now than before the so called clear out

The mods MUST know what IP posters use otherwise we would be able to log back in while banned

No doubt I will get binned again for saying so but there are more SPs now than before and more good posters have gone because of it 

I don’t know if sock puppetry is better or worse, better things to do with my time than speculate.

The rule was to stop wild unsubstantiated and frequently wrong accusations of sock puppetry. They took over for a while, every second or third post accusing someone else of being a sock puppet.

Doesnt IoM have dynamic IP addresses. They change.

If someone is suspended or banned it just means they are logged out and and can’t log in as the user name/e-mail address is blocked. Don’t think it’s linked to IP addresses.

Edited by John Wright
33 minutes ago, John Wright said:

The rule was to stop wild unsubstantiated and frequently wrong accusations of sock puppetry. They took over for a while, every second or third post accusing someone else of being a sock puppet.

This.

Imagine the level of ignorance and sociopathy of someone that believes if more than one person disagrees with their warped extremist view that it must be the same person using socks. Incredible.

• Haha 1
11 hours ago, Linz said:

Just like Dallas? Bobby Ewing died. But then he woke up 2 years later in the shower and apparently it had all been a crazy dream. Maybe it didn’t happen? So why did someone start this thread to ask why a thread had disappeared if a thread hasn’t disappeared? 

I wasn't so much worried about why it disappeared. I was on a quest to find a youtube linked in the removed thread.

A somewhat bizarre off-the-head, off-the-wall woman comedienne.