What makes you laugh?

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So true.  People who dish out insults anonymously online are tiny cocked losers.

That’s your view and your entitled to it. I’m very patriotic and I can’t stand the way government and officers that we employ via our taxes are totally destroying the IOM and most chances of it turnin

Posted Images

My understanding is that the issue is spamming and attention seeking by a poster not necessarily the blog he's linking to.  Though if the blog is defamatory I can understand the mods being very cautious having links to it put onto their site - all the legalese about not being a publisher doesn't stop them being put through the coals if someone with deep pockets pays a lawyer to argue otherwise.

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Chinahand said:

Though if the blog is defamatory I can understand the mods being very cautious having links to it put onto their site - all the legalese about not being a publisher doesn't stop them being put through the coals if someone with deep pockets pays a lawyer to argue otherwise.

Never mind the deep pockets, I'd guess that deep pockets have always been able to get stuff removed from MF defamatory or otherwise. Just through having deep pockets. In my opinion it's the not so deep pockets that might cause a squeaky bum time amongst the MF admin/mod team. I suppose it's easy to disregard the little guy when you've got a free lawyer on hand. I imagine it would be not quite so reassuring when a free lawyer is no longer available. 

1 hour ago, Chinahand said:

My understanding is that the issue is spamming and attention seeking by a poster not necessarily the blog he's linking to.  Though if the blog is defamatory I can understand the mods being very cautious having links to it put onto their site - all the legalese about not being a publisher doesn't stop them being put through the coals if someone with deep pockets pays a lawyer to argue otherwise.

But as I said I’m sure I saw the poster post that they had removed the links to the blog voluntarily and apologize. It’s odd to then erase those posts anyway (and all other posts made) on the grounds of it allegedly being spam when the spam would seem to have already have been removed by the poster. The deep pockets comment makes me laugh given the person the blog appears to be taking the mickey out of. 

If I’ve got a mate and that mate keeps making the same mistake even after it’s been pointed out by several people. The kind of mate that makes no attempt to change their behaviour whatsoever but who, when the flames lick their arse make a quick apology that smacks more of arse covering than genuine regret. I had had a mate like that I would see the huge red flag and I’d make sure that person was not in my life again.  Leopard and spots and that.  Maybe that’s what happens. Who cares. I’m just glad the the spam has ended. 

Edited by ecobob
  • Haha 1
40 minutes ago, Linz said:

But as I said I’m sure I saw the poster post that they had removed the links to the blog voluntarily and apologize. It’s odd to then erase those posts anyway (and all other posts made) on the grounds of it allegedly being spam when the spam would seem to have already have been removed by the poster. The deep pockets comment makes me laugh given the person the blog appears to be taking the mickey out of. 

You really are a stirring piece of shit aren’t you. And I don’t say something like that very often. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
6 minutes ago, ecobob said:

You really are a stirring piece of shit aren’t you. And I don’t say something like that very often. 

Thanks for being so nice. As far as I’m concerned I’m just trying to ask reasonable questions as a lot of the answers given above don’t make sense to me when I see a lot of really offensive and awful stuff posted on here about a lot of politicians and links to blogs like news night which makes all sorts of accusations about government corruption. Some people seem to think that it looks like one person has diplomatic immunity to me - and when people try to ascertain whether that’s the case the answers just don’t stack up IMHO and then even more denials that that is the case then follow..That’s all. Are you not allowed to ask questions on here either? The unwritten rules are very complex and confusing indeed. 

14 minutes ago, ecobob said:

If I’ve got a mate and that mate keeps making the same mistake even after it’s been pointed out by several people. The kind of mate that makes no attempt to change their behaviour whatsoever but who, when the flames lick their arse make a quick apology that smacks more of arse covering than genuine regret.

Is your mate Rob Callister ? 

• Like 1

Everyone loves a conspiracy eh? 

I don't think there is a rule in place that says linking to blogs is banned, not that I'm aware of. Again I'm unaware of ever being approached by anyone to take the links down. Look here are some links:

https://cueballsdiaryofasadman.wordpress.com/

For balance:

https://www.robcallister.im/blog/

Not that we have to make explanations, but I didn't 'hide' the topic or ban the member it was another mod. It is probably because it was blatant spamming from the usual supect who fagged up this board with multiple identities (Boredom, JackCarter etc Charlie Croker on Facebook) and general meltdowns in the past. You can think it's all some conspiracy where an MHK has some sort of sway. He doesn't. You only have to look as some of my posts, I don't think much of him myself.

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, slinkydevil said:

Everyone loves a conspiracy eh? 

I don't think there is a rule in place that says linking to blogs is banned, not that I'm aware of. Again I'm unaware of ever being approached by anyone to take the links down. Look here are some links:

https://cueballsdiaryofasadman.wordpress.com/

For balance:

https://www.robcallister.im/blog/

Not that we have to make explanations, but I didn't 'hide' the topic or ban the member it was another mod. It is probably because it was blatant spamming from the usual supect who fagged up this board with multiple identities (Boredom, JackCarter etc Charlie Croker on Facebook) and general meltdowns in the past. You can think it's all some conspiracy where an MHK has some sort of sway. He doesn't. You only have to look as some of my posts, I don't think much of him myself.

Thanks for clarifying that makes more sense. I just wonder what the rules were as all the posts did disappear. I would doubt that your conspiracy theory holds water though. It seems everyone has conspiracy theories on here. 

Edited by Linz
10 minutes ago, pongo said:

You're moving towards doing that Sea Lion-ing thing again. 

People seem to arbitrarily hand out a lot of unwanted advice on here for some strange reason. Are the number of posts you can make a day also limited, and also the subjects which you are allowed to ask questions on? It would be good to know as everyone seems to have a view but then don’t seem to want to see any of their posts challenged. The unwritten rules that you seem to be advised about by people who are not moderators really are very confusing to work out. What with them being unwritten and just made up by random posters and that. People also seem to be very aggressive like Eco Bob and others for no real reason as well. It’s not very friendly to be honest. 

Edited by Linz
4 minutes ago, pongo said:

I know. But can you explain in more detail what it is that you actually don't like about Sea Lions?

I’m a member and subscriber to the WWF. I love all forms of wild life. It doesn’t really explain the aggressive attitude of a hardcore of posters on here or the arbitrary making up of apparent rules that posters are supposed to abide by. I have read the forum T & Cs and none of the rules you claim apply to posts here seem to apply. You’re just making stuff up to be honest because you don’t like some of my posts. 

Edited by Linz