• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody's glorifying it; it's part of our history and many people find it fascinating. Many others have personal connections to the period. Walked around some of the Ramsey displays the other day and w

That's a good point but we did have the mass incarceration of thousands of refugees, the overwhelming majority of whom were innocent German Jews who had fled from the Third Reich. The whole thing was

I remember when my kids were younger that that asked about this, I think at the Manx Museum, it stimulated a conversation about the effects of war, and a discussion about their grandfather who was a P

10 minutes ago, GD4ELI said:

Why all the uniforms then? The Island didn't have it as bad as Liverpool etc.

So f in what ??

Who cares what happened there?

The clue is in the theme name, “Island” at war.

1 hour ago, dilligaf said:

So f in what ??

Who cares what happened there?

The clue is in the theme name, “Island” at war.

You can lead a horse to water...:rolleyes:

• Like 1
12 hours ago, craggy_steve said:

Is it just me who finds the "Island at War" weekend inappropriate? It seems to be a "celebration" of wartime which people take pleasure in, and I'm struggling to reconcile that with the bombed-out houses, casualties, grieving families who have just received a WD telegram etc. 

I am very supportive of war. I hope we have another world war sometime soon to help reduce the excess population.

5 minutes ago, Howard said:

I wasn't talking about quality of life. I mean the people were better. They weren't a bunch of lame ass snowflakes offended by everything.

Well they didn't like Germans, Austrians and the Japanese, so that disproves your theory.

5 minutes ago, GD4ELI said:

Well they didn't like Germans, Austrians and the Japanese, so that disproves your theory.

Who didn't like Germans, Austrians or the Japanese? You can't just make stuff up about an entire generation of people.

9 minutes ago, Howard said:

You can't just make stuff up about an entire generation of people.

You can.

21 minutes ago, Howard said:

I mean the people were better. They weren't a bunch of lame ass snowflakes offended by everything.

• Like 1