Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
thesultanofsheight

Helpful member of the public threatened with the cops

3 minutes ago, La Colombe said:

I sit in my car for a couple of hours each morning snoozing, then I get out and lean on a shovel for an hour before going down the pub. Honestly, I haven't seen any workers outside my house for years so someone has to do it. 

Your attempt at humour is predictably pathetic 

16 hours ago, Derek Flint said:

I cut the verges outside my house twice a week at present. We’d be lucky to get them done once every six weeks otherwise

Derek, you might find that the verges adjacent to Chez Flint are the responsibility of Ramsey Commissioners. That they're not being cut might be down to the rumour that the Commissioners' manual workforce has been shrunk to allow for job creation within the Ramsey Town Hall :ph34r:

2 minutes ago, Terminal said:

I might go and paint these bollards just to  see what trouble the guy gets into. 

Don't forget to dress accordingly

Ninja-Cool-140815.jpg

1 hour ago, quilp said:

Am I losing it or did your avatar just wink at me..? 

Depending on what browser you were using it is quite possible. The app I used was supposed to create a gif... :cool:

1 hour ago, hissingsid said:

You are losing it unless he has favorites .

I don't do favourites...

The mistake he made was to ask in advance if it was ok to do it.

Should have just put a hi-vis vest on and done it.

Now he's brought attention to it DoI will paint it when it's lashing down in the middle of November... 

Still should just do it. What are police on about criminal damage???! What's been damaged? Nothing. It's just paint!!! 

Edited by b4mbi
  • Like 1

Paint them in the middle of the night and ask them to prove it was you. Its amazing someone can graffiti a whole wall in Douglas and get praised (and paid!)) for it but a resident who wants to paint some tatty looking bollards gets their collar felt?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

Derek, you might find that the verges adjacent to Chez Flint are the responsibility of Ramsey Commissioners. That they're not being cut might be down to the rumour that the Commissioners' manual workforce has been shrunk to allow for job creation within the Ramsey Town Hall :ph34r:

I believe they do. They’ve a court house to support now so I’m not expecting any improvement soon. I wouldn’t mind too much but the chair of the commissioners lives on my street!

that said, the park still looks great.

Edited by Derek Flint

2 hours ago, Derek Flint said:

the chair of the commissioners lives on my street!

Derek, you're drinking too much!!!

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, b4mbi said:

The mistake he made was to ask in advance if it was ok to do it.

Should have just put a hi-vis vest on and done it.

Now he's brought attention to it DoI will paint it when it's lashing down in the middle of November... 

Still should just do it. What are police on about criminal damage???! What's been damaged? Nothing. It's just paint!!! 

Yes I agree. Could have done it in 10 minutes with a few cans of aerosol. What are they going to do then?