Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
Howard

Bus Vannin ends return journey tickets

5 minutes ago, P.K. said:

The issue is, say, topping a PAYG up to £50 or whatever for emergencies and they recycle the number and nick your fifty quid because you haven't had an emergency for 3 months.

Out of order.

That’s different.. I’ve never used PAYG. I’m on SIM only contracts.i still get fleeced.

1 hour ago, P.K. said:

The issue is, say, topping a PAYG up to £50 or whatever for emergencies and they recycle the number and nick your fifty quid because you haven't had an emergency for 3 months.

Out of order.

That is exactly what happened to me with MT , over £40 if memory serves .

Don't remember being told when I bought the card , funny old world :angry:  but then again MT's customer care stinks IMO

• Like 1

Got to be honest here paswt and say that I find MTs customer service A1

Only problem I have had is in trying to retrieve a mobile number that was lost by not using it for 6 months

Try as I might there seems just no way to get it back

Pissed off because I went to about 15 shops many years ago and looked at the sim packs for a special number for our daughters first phone

Slipped up on changing carrier and now can’t get the number back even though it is not in use by anyone else

34 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Got to be honest here paswt and say that I find MTs customer service A1

Only problem I have had is in trying to retrieve a mobile number that was lost by not using it for 6 months

Try as I might there seems just no way to get it back

Pissed off because I went to about 15 shops many years ago and looked at the sim packs for a special number for our daughters first phone

Slipped up on changing carrier and now can’t get the number back even though it is not in use by anyone else

Partly agree but the service is a bit hit and miss. Been with MT for over 40 years so they can’t that bad

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

Partly agree but the service is a bit hit and miss. Been with MT for over 40 years so they can’t that bad

Yeah

Sure service is very poor .

The only people I ever rated there were Edward ( I think managerial) and the Eastern European girl who is excellent

BTW, your first mobile 40 years ago must have been some size. Did it have a shoulder strap ?

Edited by dilligaf

35 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

Until recently you didn't exactly have much choice!

4 hours ago, John Wright said:

Isn’t that what happens with pre paid minutes or data on phones?

Maybe but that doesn’t make it acceptable though. My journeys that I have yet to make for which I have paid may be stolen from me. For what? An accounting convenience for Isle of Man Transport? Just because other organizations indulge in dubious business practices (eg MT not reducing your monthly payment once your phone has been paid off) should not be a license for all to do.

Two wrongs don’t make a right.

5 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I didn’t know about the 15 month expiration date on the Go card Although an infrequent bus user I find it useful to have one in my wallet for the odd time I use the bus.

Im sure this was not brought to my attention when I purchased my card and I have a number of journeys left which I imagine will be lost upon expiration which I think must be approaching.

Is there a facility to “cash in” my card? . I could then rebuy my journeys with a new starting date.

It doesn’t seem right, albeit that it may be in the T & C’s, that they can just take away something you have paid for.

If you look at the Terms and Conditions, it appears that:

17.If a Go card is inactive for one year the card will automatically be cancelled. Once cancelled, a card cannot be re-activated.

So after a year (not 15 months) you lose both the £2 cost of the card and any balance you happen to have on it.  There's no facility for cashing in the card (either the basic price of balance) except for the school ones at the end of the academic year (and even then it's only the balance you get back and of course they're obliged to replace faulty ones.  Both these are unlike the Oyster system when they will refund on both cards and balance (though finding somewhere to do it may be the problem).

8 hours ago, Kipper99 said:

Which bit did you get wrong?

That he’d be independent?

That he had a mind?

The first you couldn’t have predicted, the second was a known fact.

Sadly both !!

9 hours ago, paswt said:

"disingenuous" or perhaps just dishonest perhaps.

Spot on about the "Oyster cards " in London , still it allows the the Gov to 'stripe' the tourists on a return visit to the island, a bit like MT who told me that as I hadn't used my phone for 3 months I lost the number and they collected the balance :angry:....... (O2 's balance on pay as you go remains indefinitely ).

Not if you stop using the phone for a chargeable call within 6 months

I think that’s the same here tbh

I don't think people are appreciating just how significant it is that now with all payments being electronic, everybody who uses public transport is effectively being monitored as to their patterns of travel and their live-time whereabouts.

1 minute ago, Howard said:

I don't think people are appreciating just how significant it is that now with all payments being electronic, everybody who uses public transport is effectively being monitored as to their patterns of travel and their live-time whereabouts.

Not all payments are electronic.

If they were a very accurate picture of usage could be collated and used to improve the service.

Dream on....

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Howard said:

I thought THEY already knew all that from the chips in our necks

2 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Not all payments are electronic.

If they were a very accurate picture of usage could be collated and used to improve the service.

Dream on....

Yes, all payments will now be electronic.

1 minute ago, dilligaf said:

I thought THEY already knew all that from the chips in our necks

You sound crazy, bro.