Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
Howard

Bus Vannin ends return journey tickets

16 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

Are the hosts of this app a mate of Longworth’s by any chance...

961167E8-BDED-4725-847B-59D05063413F.png

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

961167E8-BDED-4725-847B-59D05063413F.png

Is that a yes or a no?

Posted (edited)

Travelline is much better though.

It is a shame that the DOI didn't go the Travelline route originally rather than waste money on the insultingly bad Bus Mann ap.

Edited by Declan

The Bus Mann app looked a bit amateurish, but the live map was useful to check you hadn't missed a bus. I haven't used a new one, what is it called?

I note that one some buses there is now some kind of limit on the WiFi. Seems to be provided by someone different too.

2 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

The Bus Mann app looked a bit amateurish, but the live map was useful to check you hadn't missed a bus.

That was a pointless function that used the phones battery at a massive rate.

I dunno man, I used it 3 or 4 times at unusual stops or unusual times, useful for me. Bit gimmicky I suppose but had a real world application. Anyway, what do I use now?

20 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

The Bus Mann app looked a bit amateurish,

It was only ever in an alpha (or at a push, beta) stage of development. The developer wasn't given the resources to move it on IIRC

4 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

The Bus Mann app looked a bit amateurish, but the live map was useful to check you hadn't missed a bus. I haven't used a new one, what is it called?

I note that one some buses there is now some kind of limit on the WiFi. Seems to be provided by someone different too.

ZipTrip

4 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

I dunno man, I used it 3 or 4 times at unusual stops or unusual times, useful for me. Bit gimmicky I suppose but had a real world application. Anyway, what do I use now?

ZipTrip

Just reading this news on the front page of the Indy re revenue and expenditure for buses, horse trams and heritage rail.

Ballpark, rail expense £4M, income £2M. Expensive, these anoraks aren't they?

Buses, £9.5M expense, income £3.75M. Well we've cut the driver's pay and had a strike, that made a difference, didn't it Ian?

Horse Trams. Expense £400k+, revenue £87k.

But these attractions apparently bring millions to the economy. Just as well then. We look to be needing it just to run them.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

Just reading this news on the front page of the Indy re revenue and expenditure for buses, horse trams and heritage rail.

Buses, £9.5M expense, income £3.75M. Well we've cut the driver's pay and had a strike, that made a difference, didn't it Ian?

But these attractions apparently bring millions to the economy. Just as well then. We look to be needing it just to run them.

I assume you factored out current capital investments from these "expenses". :rolleyes:

Edited by Rushen Spy

1 hour ago, Rushen Spy said:

I assume you factored out current capital investments from these "expenses". :rolleyes:

Figures as quoted in written Tynwald response from Mr Harmer and reported in local press?

8 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

It’s always the same. The civil servants always claim millions of spin off or associated economic benefits but nobody ever seems to see any of them. The horse tram figures are a joke. We lose £300K this year yet we’re building new stables and new tram sheds at the cost of several million pounds and it’s rumoured the tram works have added about £3M to the promenade refurb costs. All so we can keep running a facility that’s made a consistent loss for the operator since about the end of WW2. 

• Like 1

Unless someone can tell me otherwise, Bus Vannin stops are not indicated on Giggle Maps. Which is a bummer for visitors.