Jump to content
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
Howard

Bus Vannin ends return journey tickets

Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

Are the hosts of this app a mate of Longworth’s by any chance...

961167E8-BDED-4725-847B-59D05063413F.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, John Wright said:

961167E8-BDED-4725-847B-59D05063413F.png

Is that a yes or a no?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Travelline is much better though.

It is a shame that the DOI didn't go the Travelline route originally rather than waste money on the insultingly bad Bus Mann ap.

Edited by Declan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Bus Mann app looked a bit amateurish, but the live map was useful to check you hadn't missed a bus. I haven't used a new one, what is it called?

I note that one some buses there is now some kind of limit on the WiFi. Seems to be provided by someone different too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

The Bus Mann app looked a bit amateurish, but the live map was useful to check you hadn't missed a bus.

That was a pointless function that used the phones battery at a massive rate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dunno man, I used it 3 or 4 times at unusual stops or unusual times, useful for me. Bit gimmicky I suppose but had a real world application. Anyway, what do I use now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

The Bus Mann app looked a bit amateurish,

It was only ever in an alpha (or at a push, beta) stage of development. The developer wasn't given the resources to move it on IIRC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

The Bus Mann app looked a bit amateurish, but the live map was useful to check you hadn't missed a bus. I haven't used a new one, what is it called?

I note that one some buses there is now some kind of limit on the WiFi. Seems to be provided by someone different too.

ZipTrip

4 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

I dunno man, I used it 3 or 4 times at unusual stops or unusual times, useful for me. Bit gimmicky I suppose but had a real world application. Anyway, what do I use now?

ZipTrip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just reading this news on the front page of the Indy re revenue and expenditure for buses, horse trams and heritage rail.

Ballpark, rail expense £4M, income £2M. Expensive, these anoraks aren't they?

Buses, £9.5M expense, income £3.75M. Well we've cut the driver's pay and had a strike, that made a difference, didn't it Ian?

Horse Trams. Expense £400k+, revenue £87k.

But these attractions apparently bring millions to the economy. Just as well then. We look to be needing it just to run them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

Just reading this news on the front page of the Indy re revenue and expenditure for buses, horse trams and heritage rail.

Ballpark, rail expense £4M, income £2M. Expensive, these anoraks aren't they?

Buses, £9.5M expense, income £3.75M. Well we've cut the driver's pay and had a strike, that made a difference, didn't it Ian?

Horse Trams. Expense £400k+, revenue £87k.

But these attractions apparently bring millions to the economy. Just as well then. We look to be needing it just to run them.

I assume you factored out current capital investments from these "expenses". :rolleyes:

Edited by Rushen Spy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rushen Spy said:

I assume you factored out current capital investments from these "expenses". :rolleyes:

Figures as quoted in written Tynwald response from Mr Harmer and reported in local press?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

Just reading this news on the front page of the Indy re revenue and expenditure for buses, horse trams and heritage rail.

Ballpark, rail expense £4M, income £2M. Expensive, these anoraks aren't they?

Buses, £9.5M expense, income £3.75M. Well we've cut the driver's pay and had a strike, that made a difference, didn't it Ian?

Horse Trams. Expense £400k+, revenue £87k.

But these attractions apparently bring millions to the economy. Just as well then. We look to be needing it just to run them.

It’s always the same. The civil servants always claim millions of spin off or associated economic benefits but nobody ever seems to see any of them. The horse tram figures are a joke. We lose £300K this year yet we’re building new stables and new tram sheds at the cost of several million pounds and it’s rumoured the tram works have added about £3M to the promenade refurb costs. All so we can keep running a facility that’s made a consistent loss for the operator since about the end of WW2. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unless someone can tell me otherwise, Bus Vannin stops are not indicated on Giggle Maps. Which is a bummer for visitors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...