Jump to content
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Howard

Misuse of Tesco car park

Recommended Posts

Of late there seems to be large amounts of free spaces in Tescos car park at our usual time, Mon 9.30--ish, has there been a clearout of the all day work parkers? if so does anyone know how it was achieved?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Many are shopping online and get their grocery delivered.

If you plan ahead  it can cost only a quid .

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mollag said:

Of late there seems to be large amounts of free spaces in Tescos car park at our usual time, Mon 9.30--ish, has there been a clearout of the all day work parkers? if so does anyone know how it was achieved?

There were talks a couple of months ago between Tesco and DBC, suggesting that the Corpy might take over running it, though nothing seems to have been announced.  Maybe the prospect is enough to make shoppers flee in horror. More likely it's just summer holidays or (today at least) people taking a long weekend because of Tynwald Day falling on the Friday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mad_manx said:

Many are shopping online and get their grocery delivered.

If you plan ahead  it can cost only a quid .

 

One day people will walk out their front door and there won’t be one shop left.

Run out of milk, tough. Order online and wait three days for delivery. 

Shop local.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Gizo said:

One day people will walk out their front door and there won’t be one shop left.

Run out of milk, tough. Order online and wait three days for delivery. 

Shop local.

Agree. All my fresh  meat and veg are local. I dont trust their 'pickers' as the veg comes with just a day or two left.

But I do use then for snacks/alcohol and home and kitchen  stuff. Usually do one order a month or so. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, mollag said:

Of late there seems to be large amounts of free spaces in Tescos car park at our usual time, Mon 9.30--ish, has there been a clearout of the all day work parkers? if so does anyone know how it was achieved?

Lots of "Tesco Staff" tags hanging from rear view mirrors in cars parked in the "long term" :) area.  Only noticed it over the last month or so.  Implies non-staff vehicles are easier to identify.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Bobbie Bobster said:

Lots of "Tesco Staff" tags hanging from rear view mirrors in cars parked in the "long term" :) area.  Only noticed it over the last month or so.  Implies non-staff vehicles are easier to identify.

It always struck me as odd that they don't use the small carpark by the delivery entrance as a staff car park

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/12/2018 at 7:06 PM, Howard said:

Well excuse me for carrying out my civic duty.

Indeed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...