Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Howard

Misuse of Tesco car park

Is this rumour about the Tesco car park based on the rumour started on one of the local Faceache groups? 'Isle of Man What Gobshites Anonymous' or such like?

Why on earth would a UK company like Tesco employ the services of the stooges at Douglas Borough Council? They're about the last group of knobheads you would want to have involved with your business. 

If they're going to do it at least get a private company to do it. Also as it's technically private land, are any parking fines actually enforceable? 

I don't think I've ever not been able to get a space in Tesco's car park. Why are they trying to fix a problem which doesn't seem to exist?

Perhaps it's to prevent all day parking by workers trying to avoid parking charges?

I remember when all parking was free on the Island, oh the joy of being a 'Baby Boomer'!!! Tough luck you 30 somethings! Could park the A30 anywhere.

Teapot. You could always park up, go into town for 2 hrs, then disc change and go into Tesco, thus, not abusing their car park?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Or I'll go on the bus and have a beer.

Get the train. 

2 hours ago, Chris C said:

I don't think I've ever not been able to get a space in Tesco's car park. Why are they trying to fix a problem which doesn't seem to exist?

You must go down there late at night then.

We shop there 2 or 3 times per week and the car park is often full.

Maybe the tight wads who don't want to pay to park should use Shoprite's car park as it never anywhere near full

15 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

We shop there 2 or 3 times per week and the car park is often full.

That’s interesting Dilli - I shop at Tesco on variable days of the week, at variable times, (though never evenings/night) and have never once failed to find a parking space. Either I’m very fortunate or you’re especially unlucky. 

31 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Or I'll go on the bus and have a beer.

No you wont, got to be a bottle of Chardonnay or Rioja or get back to the South you cheapskate!!!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

That’s interesting Dilli - I shop at Tesco on variable days of the week, at variable times, (though never evenings/night) and have never once failed to find a parking space. Either I’m very fortunate or you’re especially unlucky. 

Often a few spaces down the bottom end. Unfortunately for Charlie Brown, I don't do bottom ends:P

Just now, dilligaf said:

Often a few spaces down the bottom end. Unfortunately for Charlie Brown, I don't do bottom ends:P

Keep it clean please...this is a respectable thread. And walk to the store from the bottom end, you idle sod!

• Haha 1

Just now, Uhtred said:
2 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Keep it clean please...this is a respectable thread. And walk to the store from the bottom end, you idle sod!

I'd love to walk miles, but the hips are killing me. Old one and new one.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

I'd love to walk miles, but the hips are killing me. Old one and new one.

Ah! Ok - fair play. Use one of those daft “mother and child” spaces near the store entrance. I don’t park in them (even though the majority always seem free) but if you have mobility problems then crack on.

Edited by Uhtred

1 minute ago, dilligaf said:

I'd love to walk miles, but the Thai wives are killing me. Old one and new one.

You lucky bugger!!!

(sorry to change your post.).

1 minute ago, Kopek said:
4 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

I'd love to walk miles, but the Thai wives are killing me. Old one and new one.

You lucky bugger!!!

(sorry to change your post.).

Can't think of a better way to go TBH. (as long as the bits are correctly orientated )