Jump to content
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Howard

Misuse of Tesco car park

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, pongo said:

The sooner the better they will build a full sized out of town store with a big car park. Somewhere roughly opposite PC World would clearly be sensible.

And then no need to even drive into Douglas for the weekly shop.

Can see DBC howling like it's a full moon at that proposition :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I followed a couple (not deliberately, they were just walking in front of me) from Athol Street down to Tesco. As soon as they reached the Tesco door entrance I assumed they'd turn right and walk inside to go shopping. Nope. They kept walking forwards. To their car. Which was parked. In Tesco car park. Sickening.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, pongo said:

The sooner the better they will build a full sized out of town store with a big car park. Somewhere roughly opposite PC World would clearly be sensible.

That would make the second worst roundabout on the island even worse with a lot more traffic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Rushen Spy said:

That would make the second worst roundabout on the island even worse with a lot more traffic.

Have to agree, the aesthetics of that new roundabout just feel wrong. Almost like an amateur roundabout on a budget.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, dilligaf said:

 

1, They are bloody good value ( we save over 330 per week );)

2, Main shop, then top ups .:thumbsup:

You save over 330 quid a week by shopping at Tesco? How much are you spending a week? The wife's ps pension is obviously too much.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, the stinking enigma said:

You save over 330 quid a week by shopping at Tesco? How much are you spending a week? The wife's ps pension is obviously too much.

Fat fingers obviously. :sweat: We save at least £30 per week, maybe a lot more.

As for the distillery, if only :ph34r:

Obviously the £ sign is above the number 3, so not hard to hit the wrong one.

 

Edited by dilligaf
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They're no even that cheap, it's just clever marketing.  They do have a better range than other local offerings, their fruit can be very hit and miss though - sometimes less than fresh. 

Just out of interest- you say you go there up to three times a week and often find the car park full!? So where do you park then? There's very little street parking anywhere near.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Chris C said:

They're no even that cheap, it's just clever marketing.  They do have a better range than other local offerings, their fruit can be very hit and miss though - sometimes less than fresh. 

Just out of interest- you say you go there up to three times a week and often find the car park full!? So where do you park then? There's very little street parking anywhere near.

Just check out the shoprite labels on the shelves. they are meant to show that they are cheaper than Tesco, but the prices are very rarely correct.

We save a lot of money shopping at Tesco, no two ways about that.

Tesco fruit and veg is replenished daily, Can't say the same for Robbos, / shopshite.

Some rather naïve shoppers on here think they are buying local. 

Edited by dilligaf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dilligaf said:

Some rather naïve shoppers on here think they are buying local. 

I think you can safely say that 99.9% of produce in any local supermarket isn't 'local'

 

 

5

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, kevster said:

I think you can safely say that 99.9% of produce in any local supermarket isn't 'local'

 

 

5

Correct. But Tescos stuff is fresh off the boat every day, Shoprite's is not. That is a big difference

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chris C said:

They're no even that cheap, it's just clever marketing.  They do have a better range than other local offerings, their fruit can be very hit and miss though - sometimes less than fresh. 

Just out of interest- you say you go there up to three times a week and often find the car park full!? So where do you park then? There's very little street parking anywhere near.

It’s cheaper to get home delivery than drive there three times a week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, MrPB said:

It’s cheaper to get home delivery than drive there three times a week. 

with all the sell by dates being today ?? I thinketh not boy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

with all the sell by dates being today ??

That doesn’t happen. I can’t understand why someone would food shop three times a week when they just deliver for one fixed fee. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dilligaf said:

Correct. But Tescos stuff is fresh off the boat every day, Shoprite's is not. That is a big difference

I think you'll find it is, yes they brag about local storage but they receive several trailers full off of every overnight sailing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...