Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Howard

Misuse of Tesco car park

4 hours ago, pongo said:

The sooner the better they will build a full sized out of town store with a big car park. Somewhere roughly opposite PC World would clearly be sensible.

And then no need to even drive into Douglas for the weekly shop.

Can see DBC howling like it's a full moon at that proposition :lol:

I followed a couple (not deliberately, they were just walking in front of me) from Athol Street down to Tesco. As soon as they reached the Tesco door entrance I assumed they'd turn right and walk inside to go shopping. Nope. They kept walking forwards. To their car. Which was parked. In Tesco car park. Sickening.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, pongo said:

The sooner the better they will build a full sized out of town store with a big car park. Somewhere roughly opposite PC World would clearly be sensible.

That would make the second worst roundabout on the island even worse with a lot more traffic.

6 hours ago, Rushen Spy said:

That would make the second worst roundabout on the island even worse with a lot more traffic.

Have to agree, the aesthetics of that new roundabout just feel wrong. Almost like an amateur roundabout on a budget.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, dilligaf said:

1, They are bloody good value ( we save over 330 per week );)

2, Main shop, then top ups .:thumbsup:

You save over 330 quid a week by shopping at Tesco? How much are you spending a week? The wife's ps pension is obviously too much.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, the stinking enigma said:

You save over 330 quid a week by shopping at Tesco? How much are you spending a week? The wife's ps pension is obviously too much.

Fat fingers obviously. :sweat: We save at least £30 per week, maybe a lot more.

As for the distillery, if only :ph34r:

Obviously the £ sign is above the number 3, so not hard to hit the wrong one.

Edited by dilligaf
  • Haha 1

They're no even that cheap, it's just clever marketing.  They do have a better range than other local offerings, their fruit can be very hit and miss though - sometimes less than fresh. 

Just out of interest- you say you go there up to three times a week and often find the car park full!? So where do you park then? There's very little street parking anywhere near.

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Chris C said:

They're no even that cheap, it's just clever marketing.  They do have a better range than other local offerings, their fruit can be very hit and miss though - sometimes less than fresh. 

Just out of interest- you say you go there up to three times a week and often find the car park full!? So where do you park then? There's very little street parking anywhere near.

Just check out the shoprite labels on the shelves. they are meant to show that they are cheaper than Tesco, but the prices are very rarely correct.

We save a lot of money shopping at Tesco, no two ways about that.

Tesco fruit and veg is replenished daily, Can't say the same for Robbos, / shopshite.

Some rather naïve shoppers on here think they are buying local. 

Edited by dilligaf

1 hour ago, dilligaf said:

Some rather naïve shoppers on here think they are buying local. 

I think you can safely say that 99.9% of produce in any local supermarket isn't 'local'

• Thanks 1

Just now, kevster said:

I think you can safely say that 99.9% of produce in any local supermarket isn't 'local'

Correct. But Tescos stuff is fresh off the boat every day, Shoprite's is not. That is a big difference

1 hour ago, Chris C said:

It’s cheaper to get home delivery than drive there three times a week. 

20 minutes ago, MrPB said:

It’s cheaper to get home delivery than drive there three times a week. 

with all the sell by dates being today ?? I thinketh not boy.

25 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

with all the sell by dates being today ??

That doesn’t happen. I can’t understand why someone would food shop three times a week when they just deliver for one fixed fee. 

1 hour ago, dilligaf said:

Correct. But Tescos stuff is fresh off the boat every day, Shoprite's is not. That is a big difference

I think you'll find it is, yes they brag about local storage but they receive several trailers full off of every overnight sailing.