Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Howard

Misuse of Tesco car park

9 hours ago, dilligaf said:

with all the sell by dates being today ?? I thinketh not boy.

Take from the back of the shelf - newer stock is put there

• Like 2

9 hours ago, dilligaf said:

Correct. But Tescos stuff is fresh off the boat every day, Shoprite's is not. That is a big difference

It might be fresh off the boat, but most of the fruit and quite a bit of the veg has already traveled half way around the world after picking so it's not exactly fresh.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, MrPB said:

That doesn’t happen. I can’t understand why someone would food shop three times a week when they just deliver for one fixed fee. 

Pretty sure that is the purpose of home delivery, otherwise everyone would just pick the longest dated stuff.

was told this by a store boss several years ago

5 hours ago, kevster said:

It might be fresh off the boat, but most of the fruit and quite a bit of the veg has already traveled half way around the world after picking so it's not exactly fresh.

Are you trying to tell us that Tesco don't grow the stuff out the back of their store...

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, dilligaf said:

Pretty sure that is the purpose of home delivery, otherwise everyone would just pick the longest dated stuff.

was told this by a store boss several years ago

They rely on people not looking at use-by dates.  I check everything, and usually pick from the back.  I doubt the home delivery shoppers would be so fastidious, even if they don't deliberately select the oldest stuff.

Still don't understand why you go 2-3 times per week though.  Wouldn't you save more if you planned and did it all in one go?  Going 2-3 times means you have 2-3 times more temptation to buy crap you don't need as a result of Tesco's extremely clever marketing and product placement.

• Like 2

He doesn’t go 2 or 3 times a week, he was trying to prove a point that the car park is full all the time and randomly threw in this claim. 

1 hour ago, wrighty said:

Wouldn't you save more if you planned and did it all in one go?

Good one!

:lol:

2 hours ago, Neil Down said:

Are you trying to tell us that Tesco don't grow the stuff out the back of their store...

mould.......

2 hours ago, wrighty said:

Wouldn't you save more if you planned and did it all in one go? 

something nobles could do..........

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Gizo said:

He doesn’t go 2 or 3 times a week, he was trying to prove a point that the car park is full all the time and randomly threw in this claim. 

Yes we do

If I go, I will usually forget something my wife wants and vise versa

I am sure when we get a new American type fridge freezer, we will make fewer trips

Wrighty is correct though about buying more crap because we see more each visit, but making lists and the like is not for me, even though last week I popped in for a pack of Diet Pepsi and ended up spending over £90, mostly on crap because I was hungry

Edited by dilligaf

Never shop when you're hungry! You still haven't said where you park when the car park is full. Is that because it never is?

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, Chris C said:

Never shop when you're hungry! You still haven't said where you park when the car park is full. Is that because it never is?

For “full” read “very very busy”. Is that better to help you sleep without worrying about me ?

often have to wait for a space too

Edited by dilligaf

6 hours ago, Gizo said:

you'd know all about random...

• Haha 1

Sorry, but popped a couple of hours ago for a bunch of tulips for my wife and ended up buying £9 worth of lottery tickets too.

Can't help it.

There were however at least 20 spaces in the carpark, which is about the same number of cars in shoprites carpark when we went past on the way home.

That tells you something :ph34r:

24 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Sorry, but popped a couple of hours ago for a bunch of tulips for my wife and ended up buying £9 worth of lottery tickets too.

Can't help it.

There were however at least 20 spaces in the carpark, which is about the same number of cars in shoprites carpark when we went past on the way home.

That tells you something :ph34r:

Did you run this past Gizzo first for confirmation as to its accuracy?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1