Jump to content
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Howard

Misuse of Tesco car park

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

Did you run this past Gizzo first for confirmation as to its accuracy?

Stop being Dilli’s butt plug you dickhead.

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Sorry, but popped a couple of hours ago for a bunch of tulips for my wife and ended up buying £9 worth of lottery tickets too.

Can't help it.

There were however at least 20 spaces in the carpark, which is about the same number of cars in shoprites carpark when we went past on the way home.

That tells you something :ph34r:

You must of taken the long way home?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gizo said:

Stop being Dilli’s butt plug you dickhead.

 

Bitch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, finlo said:
2 hours ago, dilligaf said:

Sorry, but popped a couple of hours ago for a bunch of tulips for my wife and ended up buying £9 worth of lottery tickets too.

Can't help it.

There were however at least 20 spaces in the carpark, which is about the same number of cars in shoprites carpark when we went past on the way home.

That tells you something :ph34r:

You must of taken the long way home?

Er, no and it is "have" not "of":lol:

 sorry finlo. just one of my pet hates.

Edited by dilligaf
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gizo said:

Stop being Dilli’s butt plug you dickhead.

 

Oh look, your bitch reacted

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, dilligaf said:

Pretty sure that is the purpose of home delivery, otherwise everyone would just pick the longest dated stuff.

was told this by a store boss several years ago

You claim the whole purpose of home delivery is to fob off out of date goods to consumers rather than to save emissions by having one van in the road not 50 cars. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, MrPB said:

You claim the whole purpose of home delivery is to fob off out of date goods to consumers rather than to save emissions by having one van in the road not 50 cars. 

Not what I said

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The whole purpose of home delivery is to increase market share, as is 24/7 opening. Its to offer a service to people who cannot shop during normal hours, or are housebound, or plain  lazy, or penny pinching. I'm in the final category, I think.

£50 a year, £1 a week, is less than the fuel I'd spend and pushing a trolley around, and getting stuff from the top shelves, isn't easy from a wheelchair.

Choice is more limited, because not everything is on line.

That means I probably don't spend as much, less impulse buying.

As I still travel a lot I can shop whilst away, placing my order, so it arrives just as I get back.

Its public knowledge I did some licensing work for Tesco. I asked about the picking policy. Its longest date stuff, not short date stuff. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Its public knowledge I did some licensing work for Tesco. I asked about the picking policy. Its longest date stuff, not short date stuff. 

I would agree totally with all of that. It’s certainly cheaper for us not to drive in and let them deliver and I’ve never been robbed off with out of date or close to date food. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, MrPB said:

I would agree totally with all of that. It’s certainly cheaper for us not to drive in and let them deliver and I’ve never been robbed off with out of date or close to date food. 

I never said anything about out of date foodstuffs

I said it was a good way of shifting short dated stuff and as much as I am a supporter of Tesco, I see pickers taking from the front most of the time.

I assume they have limited time to pick orders, so why scratch around moving products to get the newest from the back ?

Edited by dilligaf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, dilligaf said:

Sorry, but popped a couple of hours ago for a bunch of tulips for my wife and ended up buying £9 worth of lottery tickets too.

Can't help it.

There were however at least 20 spaces in the carpark, which is about the same number of cars in shoprites carpark when we went past on the way home.

That tells you something :ph34r:

Yes, that a fool and their money are soon parted. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Chris C said:

Yes, that a fool and their money are soon parted. 

May not apply if I win a few million

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

May not apply if I win a few million

QED

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

I said it was a good way of shifting short dated stuff and as much as I am a supporter of Tesco, I see pickers taking from the front most of the time.

To be fair you also said you found the car park full regularly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bobbie Bobster said:

To be fair you also said you found the car park full regularly.

If 295 spaces are taken out of a total of 300, that in my opinion is a full car park 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...