Onchan residents group

13 hours ago, hissingsid said:

Is there nowhere safe from him. 

Well James, you could always try here. Buster don't like Manxforums. He gets short shrift here apparently.

Edited by gettafa
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You do realise nobody actually comes from Onchan, for some unbeknown reason people go to live there. Mostly butties. As they have no where to live in their own town. It’s the boil of Douglas. 

I don't live in Onchan, thank God. I think there's something funny in the tap water there.

I always thought people crept over the border to avoid paying Douglas rates. One winter up on Birch Hill and they begin to regret it.  

1 hour ago, paswt said:

A Welsh 'mate'

Sorry, that means even less to me.

Whatever it is, I assume it's derogatory. 

As for it being a place where people "go to live there", I wouldn't mind betting that the majority of Onchan residents are at least 3rd or more generation. 

• Like 1

Buttie - is someone from Douglas. 

I'd have thought Onchan was somewhere people aspire to get out of. None of the benefits of living in a village or small town and none of the (admittedly rather meager) metropolitan benefits of Douglas. 

Depends where you are in Onchan . If you live at Port Jack for instance  you have a chip shop and covenience store right by you. 4 eating places at the bottom of the hill. You are in walking distance to Strand Street. Not a bad location.

26 minutes ago, NoTail said:

Depends where you are in Onchan . If you live at Port Jack for instance  you have a chip shop and covenience store right by you. 4 eating places at the bottom of the hill. You are in walking distance to Strand Street. Not a bad location.

On the mega plus side, teapot moved out of Onchan. That must have improved property prices... :rolleyes:

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Declan said:

Buttie - is someone from Douglas. 

I'd have thought Onchan was somewhere people aspire to get out of. None of the benefits of living in a village or small town and none of the (admittedly rather meager) metropolitan benefits of Douglas. 

When was the last time you got out of your car (or off the bus) and walked around Onchan?

32 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

Onchan appears blessed with a Stock car facility, the Islands most expensive petrol station and Rob Callister - an urban Utopia........

And the Park....don't forget the Park..

• Thanks 1
51 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

Onchan appears blessed with a Stock car facility, the Islands most expensive petrol station and Rob Callister - an urban Utopia........

And acres of dog poo. Don't forget the dog poo they can’t go 3 days without complaining about dog poo on Onchan Residents. Even the school was half closed because of dog poo last week. 

Edited by thesultanofsheight