More IOM Government Spin

27 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

gizo/teapot/howard/helmut/p3t3/linz so wrapped up in their own self importance that they fail to see the irony in their trolling comments. Please take a long hard look at yourself (shouldn't be hard as you are one and the same) and outline what you have actually brought to the table in the last couple of months apart from continually sniping from the wings.... Deary, deary me. what a sad individual you are.

You're a fucking idiot.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think what popularity he initially gleaned was in his initial "opposition" stance; asking awkward questions, making life uncomfortable. Alf Cannan was the same, ripping into Eddie Teare's Budge

The latest steaming pile trumped by Chris Thomas, Deputy Chief Minister, and heavily promoted by the National Broadcaster, Manx Radio - https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/gdp-up-by-7

Any GDP reporting is usually done just in time to soften up the masses for some mega spendthrift wastage in the pipeline. Ports and the Steam Racket this time. Meaningless drivel to the average w

Out of curiosity, has the renegotiated VAT agreement been sorted yet? If not, it’s not wise of Chris Thomas to indulge in ‘dick waving’ and boasting as to the economic growth of the island within the last year. Why can’t we keep quiet, and keep our heads down, say nothing to distract and draw attention. The UK Treasury I’m sure will notice the islands boasts, and they will if were not careful, reduce our income, and the excuse could be ‘we can afford it’ ‘we are boooooooming’. 

• Thanks 1
55 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Out of curiosity, has the renegotiated VAT agreement been sorted yet? If not, it’s not wise of Chris Thomas to indulge in ‘dick waving’ and boasting as to the economic growth of the island within the last year. Why can’t we keep quiet, and keep our heads down, say nothing to distract and draw attention. The UK Treasury I’m sure will notice the islands boasts, and they will if were not careful, reduce our income, and the excuse could be ‘we can afford it’ ‘we are boooooooming’. 

The art of keeping quiet eludes them

• Like 1

I suspect the UK Gov probably gets monthly 'management accounts' from the IOM Treasury, and this notion that good news about our economy heralds a loss of income from Westminster is intriguing, but fundamentally untrue.

Sorry for derailing the insults. You boys do make me larf!

• Haha 3
19 minutes ago, Stu Peters said:

I suspect the UK Gov probably gets monthly 'management accounts' from the IOM Treasury, and this notion that good news about our economy heralds a loss of income from Westminster is intriguing, but fundamentally untrue.

Sorry for derailing the insults. You boys do make me larf!

Well it was a certain somebody's runaway gob the started the vat renegotiations in the first place!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
16 hours ago, Neil Down said:

gizo/teapot/howard/helmut/p3t3/linz so wrapped up in their own self importance that they fail to see the irony in their trolling comments. Please take a long hard look at yourself (shouldn't be hard as you are one and the same) and outline what you have actually brought to the table in the last couple of months apart from continually sniping from the wings.... Deary, deary me. what a sad individual you are.

This is literally my only login. Got nothing to do with any of those other people.

Edited by Howard
8 hours ago, Stu Peters said:

Stu.....re the monthly reporting, what happened prior to the 2008/9 VAT revision then?

Surely if there was/had been monthly reporting, that particular bombshell wouldn't have needed to have been dropped in the fashion it was...?

18 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Stu.....re the monthly reporting, what happened prior to the 2008/9 VAT revision then?

Surely if there was/had been monthly reporting, that particular bombshell wouldn't have needed to have been dropped in the fashion it was...?

That’s mixing two different things.

There May, or may not, have been then, or is now,  monthly reporting. It’s not relevant to the VAT issue.

That arose out of two things. One relating to the definition of national income growth in the sharing agreement, which was very favourable to the Island, and the other relating to the world wide financial collapse that left the UK very short of cash. I’m not saying it wasn’t on the horizon to renegotiate, warning signs were there.

4 hours ago, John Wright said:

That’s mixing two different things.

There May, or may not, have been then, or is now,  monthly reporting. It’s not relevant to the VAT issue.

That arose out of two things. One relating to the definition of national income growth in the sharing agreement, which was very favourable to the Island, and the other relating to the world wide financial collapse that left the UK very short of cash. I’m not saying it wasn’t on the horizon to renegotiate, warning signs were there.

Not disputing any of that, John. But if we were/are now monthly reporting on the various states of our "finances" - there's another big block out of the "independence" and "self-governing" façade? 

18 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Not disputing any of that, John. But if we were/are now monthly reporting on the various states of our "finances" - there's another big block out of the "independence" and "self-governing" façade? 

I’m not sure there is. Why would there be? Clearly there are regular exchanges of information during the year about VAT, which gives an indication of economic performance.

Just watch HRH The Chief Minister with his chest puffed out, having another ‘cosy’ chat with Paul Moulton, on You- Tube, at the e-gaming summit at Mount Murray. As he was formerly a political member with responsibility for egaming, he claims to be an expert. Again the usual bullshit was trotted out, growth, jobs, jobs and people buying new houses. I thought many of the new egaming workers new to the island, end up in a shared housed on Castle Mona Avenue, or housed in a former hotel/bar, having been purchased by an egaming firm, to house their employees. A good way to set down roots or be involved within the local community. Note to HRH - property prices are on their arse, even high end HNWI properties aren’t selling. It took them years to sell the Castle Mona, unless that’s a phoney sale’. 

Edited by 2112