More IOM Government Spin

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think what popularity he initially gleaned was in his initial "opposition" stance; asking awkward questions, making life uncomfortable. Alf Cannan was the same, ripping into Eddie Teare's Budge

The latest steaming pile trumped by Chris Thomas, Deputy Chief Minister, and heavily promoted by the National Broadcaster, Manx Radio - https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/gdp-up-by-7

Any GDP reporting is usually done just in time to soften up the masses for some mega spendthrift wastage in the pipeline. Ports and the Steam Racket this time. Meaningless drivel to the average w

1 hour ago, doc.fixit said:

.......for whom are they built?...................who's going to buy them?.............

The people who would otherwise have to consider rotten, overpriced money pit older housing stock? No brainer. Especially if you're offered a NHBC 10 year guarantee with the new build?

• Haha 2
8 hours ago, Shake me up Judy said:

But who's buying all the new high end properties ? I can't see them being new residents to the Island. 

spend 50 grand building a house you say is worth 300 and claim the vat back,  you have 10k and a house for nothing..    :D

Edited by WTF
  • Like 1
25 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

TT figures out now too. Visitor numbers down on previous year but ESTIMATED spend up....

25 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

TT figures out now too. Visitor numbers down on previous year but ESTIMATED spend up....

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=42995&headline=How you can read the Courier online right now&sectionIs=NEWS&searchyear=2018

Pure Bullshit

.................non-believer, your comment only applies to a small number of properties!.................your belligerent response doesn't answer my question............I'll try again..................there seems to be a large amount of building houses going on and not enough prospective buyers to live in them................although I suppose there are a number of buy to let investors............are there any sensible responses out there??......

18 minutes ago, doc.fixit said:

.................non-believer, your comment only applies to a small number of properties!.................your belligerent response doesn't answer my question............I'll try again..................there seems to be a large amount of building houses going on and not enough prospective buyers to live in them................although I suppose there are a number of buy to let investors............are there any sensible responses out there??......

No belligerence intended whatsoever, DF.

A development close to me has just re-started after taking almost two years to sell the properties they'd built. And none of them high end.

But ask any of the mostly younger residents why they bought them and you'll get the same answer. It's new and wants nothing doing to it. And it's got a guarantee. As opposed to a money pit for even more money.

If you mortgage up to the hilt do you really want to have even further outlay (and hassle) of fixing up years of neglect too?

• Like 1

...........so sorry to argue but doesn't that establish my point if they took two years to sell?.........there is, for example a new build house here in Ballaugh that has still not sold after five years...........sorry I took the wrong angle on your topic..............

8 minutes ago, doc.fixit said:

...........so sorry to argue but doesn't that establish my point if they took two years to sell?.........there is, for example a new build house here in Ballaugh that has still not sold after five years...........sorry I took the wrong angle on your topic..............

you living nearby won't be helping.     ;)

• Haha 1

..yes, I know that but the point is they couldn't sell them ...............BTW our house was built in the nineteen eighties and is neither damp nor rotten, it was also good value when we bought it five years ago, the previous Manx cottage was also like that...............I do take the point that many folk will appreciate a guarantee and a brand new place..........but still can't see how all the new and proposed houses will be easily sold..........

• Like 1