Trouble at Okells

Ex Head Brewer Mike Cowbourne is whipping up a storm on Twitter to the effect all the brewing staff have resigned to the effect he states...

Indeed a doubt the Brewery side of H+B. ie Okells will survive, everybody get used to drinking imported beer, so sad in existence since 1850”

Seems to be a very undignified end. The brewing was the one saving grace to the increasingly bland pub offering. Always frustrating that the H&B pub estate in the U.K. seems to be run to a higher standard.

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

they won't need to , H&B  will sell it off as a brewery with a clause to say you aren't allowed to use it as a brewery. maybe turn some of the vats in to glamping pods.

I can see retailers rubbing their hands together and increasing prices no matter what the outcome of Brexit!

Manx Forums cornered that market

Posted Images

He has an account on here I think. Maybe he'll pop in to say hello.

I thought he'd been tying to retire for a while, certainly the job of head brewer had been advertised at some point in the recent past. The requirements to apply though were wild. 

i absolutely love the MPA and hope that someone down there is capable of brewing it! 

10 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

He has an account on here I think. Maybe he'll pop in to say hello.

I thought he'd been tying to retire for a while, certainly the job of head brewer had been advertised at some point in the recent past. The requirements to apply though were wild. 

i absolutely love the MPA and hope that someone down there is capable of brewing it! 

anyone can bottle piss.

9 minutes ago, Gizo said:

Aren’t they part of the brewery set up? 

Trade Distribution.

Wonder if Wetherspoon's will get a look in?

Nah.

Edited by Non-Believer
Extra bit