Trouble at Okells

fredtosser

11 hours ago, kevster said:

H&B beer price increase coming soon. 

It would be interesting to be in on one of their marketing meetings 

Sales rep - “sales are down again boss, we need to re-evaluate our strategy”

Head of marketing - “yes, put prices up across the board and make our food the blandest possible”

Sales team - “three cheers for the boss”

So after H+B's decided to make the Brewery Managers Job redundant and employ a new Head Brewer and then everybody resigned except the Brewery Manager, who was waiting for her redundancy pay (employed by H+B since 1986) who was then told her job was not redundant, so after that she resigned. They are now advertising for a Brewery Manager. Get your head around the Management Decision process in H+B

20 minutes ago, alpha-acid said:

So after H+B's decided to make the Brewery Managers Job redundant and employ a new Head Brewer and then everybody resigned except the Brewery Manager, who was waiting for her redundancy pay (employed by H+B since 1986) who was then told her job was not redundant, so after that she resigned. They are now advertising for a Brewery Manager. Get your head around the Management Decision process in H+B

Out with the old, in with the new. I don't see what's wrong with that. Not your worry, still.;)

Lots of rumours going around ATM too. Sounds quite an adventurous place.

12 hours ago, Neil Down said:

Head of marketing - “yes, put prices up across the board and make our food the blandest possible”

Sales team - “three cheers for the boss”   "Been there. Done that. Got the scar tissue..."

Fixed!

32 minutes ago, alpha-acid said:

Indeed no quality control going on the beer will be very different soon if not already by rumours . 

Are you bitter...…………...pardon the pun ?

The rumours I've heard are more about the "service", not the beer.

You made your money and had the nice cars that came with the job, but you are not involved now.

Why start dissing the company who were very good to you ?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Neil Down said:

Sales team - “three cheers for the boss”

Couple of years ago, the then manager from my local related to me a story from a brewery pub managers meeting. The meeting had been convened to discuss falling customer numbers.

Brewery boss. "What can we do to arrest falling punter numbers?"

Response from the managers as one. "Drop the prices".

Two weeks later there was a price rise. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

Couple of years ago, the then manager from my local related to me a story from a brewery pub managers meeting. The meeting had been convened to discuss falling customer numbers.

Brewery boss. "What can we do to arrest falling punter numbers?"

Response from the managers as one. "Drop the prices".

Two weeks later there was a price rise. 

Price, within reason, is not the issue. A few pounds clearly doesn't make much difference - except perhaps to people who drink much too much. Normal drinkers are occasionally going to have a few pints, at most. 

It's that pubs are no longer the thing. Except in places where there is a culture of great pub food - which has never been a thing on the IOM.

Edited by pongo