Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
fredtosser

Trouble at Okells

21 hours ago, kevster said:

Certainly 5p per pint on bitter.

Not sure about lager, Guinness, etc

5p on lager too. And everything else.

You would need to be seriously alcoholic for 5p on beer to impact your spending. And if you were that alcoholic then I doubt you would be drinking beer.

It's not the price of pub beer that means that fewer people go to pubs these days. Nor is it the price difference vs shops.

1 minute ago, pongo said:

You would need to be seriously alcoholic for 5p on beer to impact your spending. And if you were that alcoholic then I doubt you would be drinking beer.

It's not the price of pub beer that means that fewer people go to pubs these days. Nor is it the price difference vs shops.

It's the pubs themselves. Pub landlords/managers used to have pride in their vocation. Now all they seem to do is take the brewery shilling and moan like fuck to anybody who'll listen

3 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

It's the pubs themselves. Pub landlords/managers used to have pride in their vocation. Now all they seem to do is take the brewery shilling and moan like fuck to anybody who'll listen

More likely it's just that old fashioned pubs are a bit of a poor experience.

Pubs were a poor experience back when they were full. But there was less else to do. And people didn't mind dying young.

Great pubs are still going to do fine.

Edited by pongo

3 hours ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Not sure that all that is going on is that someone’s pissed off that Alpha Acid has a nice Porsche. 

It's actually an ugly looking Porsche and nothing like the real ones, ie 911 etc. It would not have lived with the car I have just sold.

I am not in the least bit jealous of MC. I would not swap a single thing from my life for anything of his, not one thing .

I could not and would not live the life he does and I am pretty sure he and many others know exactly what I mean :o

He is being a twat towards his ex employer who gave him a very good living for decades and he knows it.

A lot of people on here obviously do not know him.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

It's actually an ugly looking Porsche and nothing like the real ones, ie 911 etc. It would not have lived with the car I have just sold.

I am not in the least bit jealous of MC. I would not swap a single thing from my life for anything of his, not one thing .

I could not and would not live the life he does and I am pretty sure he and many others know exactly what I mean :o

He is being a twat towards his ex employer who gave him a very good living for decades and he knows it.

Count to ten Dilli...

3 minutes ago, Neil Down said:
8 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Count to ten Dilli...

I'll bet you think he boils my piss ?

( and not with the hops )

Edited by dilligaf

1 minute ago, dilligaf said:

I'll bet you think he boils my piss ?

He never boiled mine when I worked there. I like a lot of others just treated him like the dick he was...

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Neil Down said:

He never boiled mine when I worked there. I like a lot of others just treated him like the dick he was...

Oh well that's 3 so far on here who know him

• Like 1

Dilli doesn't like the guy, which going on past records probably means he's a great guy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Dilli doesn't like the guy, which going on past records probably means he's a great guy.

Still waiting for something original from you.

Edited by dilligaf

6 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Still waiting for something original from you.

Says man of 12,000 unoriginal aggressive shite comments. 

3 minutes ago, Gizo said:

Says man of 12,000 unoriginal aggressive shite comments. 

You and teapot an item then, you seem very protective. Who is the bitch ?

( or is it self love )

Edited by dilligaf
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

FFS Dilli come on it’s obvious that you have a problem with his car. The only person agreeing with you is Neil Down. Funny that.